This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Valve slammed over "horrendous" Steam school-shooting game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Valve slammed over "horrendous" Steam school-shooting game

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
3 weeks ago#51
Anyone else remember Picos school from newgrounds?
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#52
As disgusting as that is, going after a distribution platform rather than focusing on the source is hallmark control-freak agenda rhetoric.

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
3 weeks ago#53
Landorf222 posted...

I almost guarantee the only reason people will even know about this game is because of people complaining about it.

This topic is the first that I'm seeing of it, so it's true for me.

User Info: HylianKnight1

HylianKnight1
3 weeks ago#54
I understand why people are disgusted by the game's content, but how is it any different than a game like Grand Theft Auto which actively rewards players for killing innocent people and escaping from the police?
Beep boop son, beep boop.

User Info: BabaBzaa

BabaBzaa
3 weeks ago#55
HylianKnight1 posted...
I understand why people are disgusted by the game's content, but how is it any different than a game like Grand Theft Auto which actively rewards players for killing innocent people and escaping from the police?

Much worse. Put GTAV in movie format. It's pretty much a traditional gangster where everyone is corrupt, the lines of good and evil in the universe are blurred, and everyone has different agendas. Sure it doesn't send the best message, but it's so over the top it actually falls almost into parody.

This sounds like a virtual simulator on how to kill children. CHILDREN. Even GTA only really has adults in their games. It's morbid, unnecessary, and detrimental. All this game will do is give people who think video games are cancer a bright flag to wave in the air and go "THESE are the type of people who like video games". We don't need that BS. You don't see any other media putting out crap like this. Supposed James Patterson put out a book about a gunman killing kids. And that's all the book is about, a guy with a gun spraying down children. Supposed the big new horror movie is a guy with a gun shooting down children? This doesn't tiptoe on the line between freedom and insanity, this is flatout insane.

There are some things you just don't do for shock value. It's freaking selfish. I don't need Fox News putting this game on the news for my mom to see, or my coworkers to see, or my manager to see, all for them with their limited knowledge of games to draw their own conclusions. "That game where you shoot kids down, is that what you're playing now?" I'm legit heated, like I seriously don't think the people supporting this game sees how much of a s***storm effect this could have.
After one night I classify the chick as OB-SO-LETE!

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
3 weeks ago#56
wasnt there a game that got similar attention for being a game where you go out and just murder civvies not too long ago? also didn't all the attention from it die immediately upon release because the game was super garbage?

User Info: rareware101

rareware101
3 weeks ago#57
Voxwik posted...
As disgusting as that is, going after a distribution platform rather than focusing on the source is hallmark control-freak agenda rhetoric.

Steam has more money than they can count. Until they start spending some and curating their store again rather than leave it a wild west, they are also culpable.

User Info: BabaBzaa

BabaBzaa
3 weeks ago#58
R_Jackal posted...
wasnt there a game that got similar attention for being a game where you go out and just murder civvies not too long ago? also didn't all the attention from it die immediately upon release because the game was super garbage?

Yeah, Hatred. Pretty much similar, but another problem I have is with Hatred, it just came out of nowhere. It was just weird and it was super lambasted. This other game couldn't have come at a worse time(or best time for them since they are obviously capitalizing off of dead children). You have reports after reports within the year of school shootings and now these jackasses come out with "Hey, you want to play a game that encourages school shootings?" I'm heated just as a gamer, I can't imagine how heated I'd be as a gamer that's a parent of a child that I have in school to hear that people are peddling a school murder simulator.
After one night I classify the chick as OB-SO-LETE!

User Info: Zaeem

Zaeem
3 weeks ago#59
This only happens in US so they should ban it there and let the rest of the world play it.

User Info: Nmilek1

Nmilek1
3 weeks ago#60
The difference between something like GTA and this if it is not already apparent is effort, GTA attempts to have a narrative, characters and production values it is clearly a product designed to be more than something to cash in on controversy. This on the other hand is a low effort, asset flip released at a time when school shootings are commonplace and the developer is revelling in it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Valve slammed over "horrendous" Steam school-shooting game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived