This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My only pet peeve with PC Gaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My only pet peeve with PC Gaming

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
4 weeks ago#1
I remember popping a new game in my 360 and you were ready to game but on PC I feel like a lot of games even high budget ones you don’t really get a chance to get excited until after you fire it up and make sure everything is running right... cannot tell you how many times I’ll start a game and they’re wa stuttering or something odd like locking the game at 30fps then you’ll usually find a solution via google but it’s never any less disheartening when you have to close the game out to apply the fixes.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#2
k
Ryzen 7 2700X | ASUS X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero | G.Skill 16GB 3600Mhz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
4 weeks ago#3
I wish I had one of those slot car track race cars.
Those things look fun.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
4 weeks ago#4
I can safely say in my near 2 full years of being PC only, I have had 1 issue with 1 game. Screen resolution not being supported in KOTOR2, took 2 seconds to find a user patch.

Maybe you're just trying to run games above the level your rig's made for.
Idiots voting for idiots.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
4 weeks ago#5
richisdisturbed posted...
I can safely say in my near 2 full years of being PC only, I have had 1 issue with 1 game. Screen resolution not being supported in KOTOR2, took 2 seconds to find a user patch.

Maybe you're just trying to run games above the level your rig's made for.

I call bs.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#6
You didn't pop in 360 games and play them. That gen started the day 1 update s*** with consoles. My one pet peeve with console gaming is the gamers determination to ignore the issues with console gaming.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#7
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
Those things look fun.

I used to feel the same way. It's kinda cool at first but then it gets kind boring. Also it makes a lot of ozone so after a while the smell is kinda bad...unless you like the smell of ozone.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 weeks ago#8
MASKOAAA, I think a lot of that problem is because you CAN do something about it. If you're playing on console and are getting stuttering or low framerates, you don't think twice about it because you just have to deal with it. On PC, you know you can do something about it, whether it's some graphical tweaks, some .ini tweaks, modding, driver tweaks, or flat out buying better hardware.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 weeks ago#9
arleas posted...
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
Those things look fun.

I used to feel the same way. It's kinda cool at first but then it gets kind boring. Also it makes a lot of ozone so after a while the smell is kinda bad...unless you like the smell of ozone.

I remember that smell! We had a dog that would chase the cars around all frantic. When she'd knock one of them off the track, she'd traipse away all proud like. Those were better days for sure.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
4 weeks ago#10
Personally wish there were more physical options for PC games. Haha I know why there isn't, but I just prefer having a physical copy of the games I have even if they are essentially worthless due to them being for PC.

That said having lower priced games as a trade off is far worth it.

Haha although for me I only pay full price for games that do come out physically for PC. Usually stuff from square as they actually do make them, and admittedly - i'm'a sucker.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My only pet peeve with PC Gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived