This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield V - Reveal starts in 30 minutes!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battlefield V - Reveal starts in 30 minutes!

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
4 months ago#31
The maps being available for all instead of splitting the userbase is a good call, though we do have to wait and see what they'll introduce instead.

I've always hated the unlock system in Battlefield and would love to see that gone.

I won't get my hopes up for this game though, haven't really been able to spend hours daily on a Battlefield game since BC2.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#32
godplaysSNES posted...
The maps being available for all instead of splitting the userbase is a good call, though we do have to wait and see what they'll introduce instead.

I've always hated the unlock system in Battlefield and would love to see that gone.

I won't get my hopes up for this game though, haven't really been able to spend hours daily on a Battlefield game since BC2.

Sounds like comsetics is what will get them the money to make new theatures of war.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
4 months ago#33
So is this based on an alternative history of WWII? Wtf was with the robot hands on the lady?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#34
ThePCElitist posted...
So is this based on an alternative history of WWII? Wtf was with the robot hands on the lady?

Cosmetics apparently. And its a prosthetic.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
4 months ago#35
Honestly I think Dice/EA are just out of touch with the community.

They make this big event and email everyone they can, even get Trevor Noah to host it, and all they show us is a heavily scripted single player scene... This is exactly like the BF4 preview where they shot the rocket and brought the building down, just not as cool. My problem with it is they've done these reveals now where they show a scripted single player scene, and get you to think the entire game is going to play like that, but instead it's one map, and the rest of the single player blows. Remember the other game where they're in a hummer I believe and it goes off into the water? Again another amazingly scripted single player event that starts the game, and basically leaves it to suck every minute afterwards. It's all hype, no substance. Now they've done the exact same thing with a far less impressive trailer.

Did they forget that people only buy this game for the multiplayer?

I'm thankful they're finally getting rid of the premium pass crap, but I feel like they'll hit us hard elsewhere. Leveling up and unlocks for example. I feel like they're going to take a Rainbow Six Siege approach where the unlocks can be done through experience points, or cash. The catch is they make the experience points take forever to the point you rather throw cash at it to just get the damn unlock. Not saying Siege is bad, just saying it can be a very long grind to get one or two things, which could hurt the community when people who pay extra have unlocks and people who don't.....don't.

I'm sure they'll find a greedy little way to divide the community up. Either way I wasn't impressed with the gameplay, looks more or less the same with a few tweaks They really need to ramp up the destruction, it's been years since bad company, and the destruction has taken the back seat for too long.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#36
If they get the balance right unlock speed is a nonissue because everything is a sidegrade. If they don't... well we've already seen BF1.
Yeah I got faith, but sometimes fear it just weighs too much,
I don't want to feel, cold winds blowing through me like an empty touch.

User Info: ClarkyMalarky

ClarkyMalarky
4 months ago#37
Orestes417 posted...
Hopefully they don't f*** up as hard as BF1.

This is EA you're talking about.

Orestes417
4 months ago#38
ClarkyMalarky posted...
Orestes417 posted...

No. It's DICE I'm talking about. EA publish, and that's where their relevance ends.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
4 months ago#39
Orestes417 posted...
ClarkyMalarky posted...
Orestes417 posted...

No. It's DICE I'm talking about. EA publish, and that's where their relevance ends.

DICE is fully acquired by EA since 2006 brah.

Let's not confuse ourselves about this. BF1 is a WW2 game covered in WW1 skins, which is why BF1 is filled with the same fast paced action just like any other BF game and have zero identity of its own. Not to mention half the game has to be filled with prototype/concept weapons in order to appeal to the modern audiences. WW1 did not work like that at all.

I'm glad EA finally gives up on sustaining this mess and actually brings us the right thing.

Orestes417
4 months ago#40
Stop blathering. No seriously who the f*** cares what WW1 worked like? It's a backdrop to a multiplayer game, not a history lesson. The issues with the game are in the mechanical details, not the setting. And stop trying to blame EA for DICE's screwups. They've been partners since day one, it's DICE's game and always has been.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battlefield V - Reveal starts in 30 minutes!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived