This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SJWs can be defeated! Valve gives up on removing lewd games from Steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. SJWs can be defeated! Valve gives up on removing lewd games from Steam

User Info: LordCooler

LordCooler
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-rolls-back-crackdown-against-sexual-content-on-steam/

the sjw behemoth can be pushed back

great because theres a couple of games I want to get that have not hit the right price

User Info: CalculatorRamza

CalculatorRamza
4 weeks ago#2
Just who do you think started this? A lot of the games I read about being targeted (admittedly not all) were those with LGBT content, which is particularly supported by most progressives and others that detractors call 'SJW'. Any theories I've seen as to why this happened in the first place were related to new federal or state laws (such as SESTA/FOSTA), religious conservative groups, or TERFs (trans-exclusionary radical feminists, generally opposed by most of the rest of self-identified feminists, and often in strange alliances with religious conservatives).

Although admittedly Valve is probably never going to tell us much in detail.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#3
So... in other words, this is a victory for SJWs?

User Info: builder111

builder111
4 weeks ago#4
Why anyone listens to those whiny pissants is beyond me
caps

User Info: NeoSioType

NeoSioType
4 weeks ago#5
Yeah! You go social justice!

Oh, wait... Huh?

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
4 weeks ago#6
CalculatorRamza posted...
Just who do you think started this? A lot of the games I read about being targeted (admittedly not all) were those with LGBT content, which is particularly supported by most progressives and others that detractors call 'SJW'. Any theories I've seen as to why this happened in the first place were related to new federal or state laws (such as SESTA/FOSTA), religious conservative groups, or TERFs (trans-exclusionary radical feminists, generally opposed by most of the rest of self-identified feminists, and often in strange alliances with religious conservatives).

Although admittedly Valve is probably never going to tell us much in detail.

Uhh No. "A lot" do not have LGBT content. Quite the opposite in fact. I don't know why you're trying to push that narrative, but it's fake. There were a few Yuri games, and one Yaoi game that received an e-mail. Out of something like a dozen or so confirmed games. And the only game you can say that's actually targeting the LGBT community is the Yaoi game.

-

In reply to the TC -

Well, it's good news, but let's see how these "re-reviews" go down. I did like how Mangagamer and others are starting to publish on GOG now because of this incident with Valve. Steam is just becoming unreliable for developers, because of the threats, policy flip flopping and other issues with Valve.

https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/998944158571204608

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#7
ImaPC posted...
"A lot" do not have LGBT content. Quite the opposite in fact. ... There were a few Yuri games, and one Yaoi game that received an e-mail. Out of something like a dozen or so confirmed games.

I just looked up what those terms mean and it seems that you're contradicting yourself.

User Info: Another_Gamer

Another_Gamer
4 weeks ago#8
ITT: Another guy who can't get laid is happy about pixelated boobies

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
4 weeks ago#9
ElDudorino posted...
ImaPC posted...
"A lot" do not have LGBT content. Quite the opposite in fact. ... There were a few Yuri games, and one Yaoi game that received an e-mail. Out of something like a dozen or so confirmed games.

I just looked up what those terms mean and it seems that you're contradicting yourself.

How is that "A lot" like the person is claiming? 4 games out of a dozen is a lot now? Yuri games are also not marketed or designed for Lesbians, unlike a Yaoi game which is designed for Gay men.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 weeks ago#10
Why do we live in such a s***ty anti male wanting to have sex with a girl world?
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. SJWs can be defeated! Valve gives up on removing lewd games from Steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived