This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls Remastered definitely looks like a $20 patch.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls Remastered definitely looks like a $20 patch.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
5 months ago#21
The Remaster looks better than mods sometimes, and most of the time is about the same. There will also be mods on top of the remaster I'm sure. The lighting looks a lot better in Remaster and actually reflects off the walls, grass etc looks better.

I dunno man, I think $20 is a very solid price for it. If it was $60 I would probably hold of, $40 is a bit much too, but for $20 I think it adds enough to rebuy even after 400-500 hours in DS1
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
5 months ago#22
Knighted Dragon posted...
The Remaster looks better than mods sometimes, and most of the time is about the same. There will also be mods on top of the remaster I'm sure. The lighting looks a lot better in Remaster and actually reflects off the walls, grass etc looks better.

I dunno man, I think $20 is a very solid price for it. If it was $60 I would probably hold of, $40 is a bit much too, but for $20 I think it adds enough to rebuy even after 400-500 hours in DS1

I get it, and if I'm sounding like a dick that's not the intent, it's just that I know what I'm looking at and when people get really absorbed into something like say if they've spent hundreds of hours on a game or a movie or a fictional property whatever, they start thinking it's worth more than what it actually is because of how invested *they* got into the property, like if someone has a house on a fault line and it gets torn to s*** from an earthquake, then they sink a bunch of money into rebuilding the same thing in the same spot because what it means to them even though it's a waste. As far as calling this a remaster though, it's pretty weak, but game companies have been pacing themselves up to this for a while. They bundle a mod and a patch and then do some other little things on the side and people go "ooo value" but if you've been gaming for a while so much of what's here used to be done for free or being packaged in a larger product (ie. an expansion pack that adds a ton of content for $40 and then also has these technical and QoL improvements like what most Blizzard releases do) that even $20 for this is a facepalm moment. Probably mostly because it's a reminder of how far they've dragged the gaming community across a line that same community once swore they would never let happen. Paid mods, paid patches. I get it's 2018 and things change, but they're mostly selling air here.

If you're enjoying it you're going to enjoy it regardless and think people like me are heathens, but man. I'm pretty sure Scholar of the First Sin was the first time a video game had ever charged for a patch. It's weird how some companies can get away with it and others can't, Souls fans are pretty hardcore and that explains the bulk of it. Again I'm probably just getting out my facepalm moment. If you like it you like. I'm not trying to take that away. I'm just going through my facepalm moment.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
5 months ago#23
I mean I'll put it this way, it's like me with the Zodiac Age, it was definitely a massive overcharge given what it was, but I was so invested in the property I did it anyway. I'm not saying I'm above this s***, but I called myself out for it then and even my reviews (because I'm such a dumbass I bought it again on PC for the 60fps there but the way it worked out when I sold the PS4 version and stuff it ended up being a wash to upgrade to the PC version so I paid twice but my actual out of pocket cost was like I only paid once ultimately) I think I made it pretty clear I was a dumbass for paying for it, but I couldn't help it because I wanted HD font is really all it delivered on that I considered a genuine improvement with the console release, and the 60fps on PC was nice but it was from hardware not from optimization. They take advantage of the feels. That's what this is. If they were going to charge for the work they did for the upgrade for people, $5US would make sense at most. $20US is gouging their fanbase. I'm not saying I haven't been victim to it before or any "holier than thou" s***, I'm just saying, it's $20US for a minor patch. 4 to 6 is a boost but are we really praising that when D2 had 8 player rooms and shooters can have 64 player + rooms? The reason they set it at 4 to begin with was likely to reduce chaos so balance reasons, they boosted it to 6 here for a bullet and nothing more. Dedicated seems to mean low quality servers but you don't get screwed if the host dc's, so it's still not an ideal experience because they aren't giving you much just the bare minimum to justify another bullet so people go "$20US well spent". It's $20US for a minor patch. Get angry at me if you like the game I get it but it's a $20US minor patch, I don't see how there's arguing room there beyond "f*** these people because I love the product I'm wasting my time on that's making someone else rich".
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
5 months ago#24
The_Coward1337 posted...
Until your character gets banned for being invaded by a hacker.

Thanks Fromsoft!

don't accept the TOS at the start and you get to play offline the whole time
[?]
"...62?..."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls Remastered definitely looks like a $20 patch.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived