This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not even Digital Foundry cares about Ultra Settings

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Not even Digital Foundry cares about Ultra Settings

User Info: Mike_24_7

Mike_24_7
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8VrFUi79yo

Ultra Settings was a gimmick this whole time
Lazy devs & Lazy shills don't like me

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 weeks ago#2
It's for e-peen. You can't tell the difference between half the settings, especially in motion, other than lower performance.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: sonic_c_tail

sonic_c_tail
4 weeks ago#3
Lol somebody sig this ^.
DarkZV2Beta -No, because PS2 was garbage, and is the primary cause of the collapse of the Japanese game market in the mid 2000s. https://i.imgur.com/FMxcdHw.jpg

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
4 weeks ago#4
Boge posted...
It's for e-peen. You can't tell the difference between half the settings, especially in motion, other than lower performance.

The difference between High and Average in FFXV is pretty noticeable though.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#5
Boge posted...

Ya some is so neglible in visuals but the performance hit is massive.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 weeks ago#6
I would care if it actually made a difference. For example in GTAV, there is barely any difference with or without the advanced graphics option. The shadow distance is incredibly bad even when maxed out and there is still pop in like crazy. Only in certain situations would the high resolution shadows would matter because some scenes, it's still blocky as f***.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
4 weeks ago#7
captsplatter_1 posted...
Boge posted...

Ya some is so neglible in visuals but the performance hit is massive.

I wonder sometimes if it might be this way to sell hardware.
GTX 1080|i7-7700|DDR4 3200mhz|500GB 850 EVO

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
4 weeks ago#8
I've given up on ultra settings as of a while ago, I've learned to be content with low settings and let the gameplay be the fun part.

That said, when I can run games on higher settings I do. The eye candy is nice but not required for me. Frames per second on the other hand, much more important.

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
4 weeks ago#9
MasterFeeler posted...
Boge posted...

If I had FFXV, I'd probably be able to make it look better than high with equal or better fps by tweaking some down and using that to up a few other settings.
Give everyone enough guns and eventually we'll find out who we have to shoot to get some decent gun control.

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
4 weeks ago#10
thegreatsquare posted...
MasterFeeler posted...
Boge posted...

If I had FFXV, I'd probably be able to make it look better than high with equal or better fps by tweaking some down and using that to up a few other settings.

Congratulations! You just passed Graphics Settings 101.
I6700K - ASUS R9 390 STRIX - 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 - Z170-XP - Corsair 500R
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Not even Digital Foundry cares about Ultra Settings

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived