This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I sell my dual 24" 1080p monitors for a 1440p ultrawide curved?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I sell my dual 24" 1080p monitors for a 1440p ultrawide curved?

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
2 months ago#1
Should I sell my dual 24" 1080p monitors for a 1440p ultrawide curved? - Results (67 votes)
Yes
40.3% (27 votes)
No
59.7% (40 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Should I sell my dual 24" 1080p monitors for a 1440p ultrawide curved?

And if so, can I get some recommendations on 1440 ultrawide monitors?
Glorious 4K/Vive VR PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
2 months ago#2
What are you using them for?

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#3
I wouldn't buy a curved but that's just me.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Asus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1TB x2, 500GB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#4
Never been a fan of the curved, but at least curved monitors make more sense than curved TVs.

At any rate, the Acer Predator X34 seems to have all the bells and whistles that a monitor needs.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Dredj

Dredj
2 months ago#5
2 monitors are better than 1.

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
2 months ago#6
If its for gaming, yes. If it’s for productivity, no.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch
PSN/XBLive: Willavom

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#7
I've never been a huge fan of ultrawide single monitors just because a lot of things have trouble with them, and it would take a lot more fiddling to get those things working well. Most games without ultrawide resolution support will have to be run in a window in order to keep from grossly stretching things out, it's harder to get things positioned so you're gaming on one area and have reference material, Youtube, chat, etc. up in another... Wouldn't work well for me at all I don't think, but if you'd mostly be using it for games that can make use of it, go ahead.

I personally would stick with dual monitors though, since you have more control more easily.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
2 months ago#8
For gaming and productivity. Never been a fan of curved either but for a monitor it might not be bad since I'll be sitting right in front of it anyway.
Glorious 4K/Vive VR PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#9
I'm not big on curved, but I'm more OK with that (just seems pointless) than I am with ultrawide, just because of the extra hassle it seems like it would have with such a non-standard resolution.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
2 months ago#10
protools1983 posted...
For gaming and productivity. Never been a fan of curved either but for a monitor it might not be bad since I'll be sitting right in front of it anyway.

Are you gaming on one screen, and doing other stuff on the other? Or gaming on both with the bezels in the way. If you are using the screens individually, I'd stick with those.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I sell my dual 24" 1080p monitors for a 1440p ultrawide curved?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived