This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Late to the party. Have never played borderlands 2 and have some questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Late to the party. Have never played borderlands 2 and have some questions

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
5 months ago#1
I never got around to playing it. I purchased the first one when it came out and got bored pretty quickly of it. It had an interesting premise and I liked the style, but I found the game lacking.

-Is borderlands 2 substantially better

-Does it have an enjoyable story

-Can it be played single player and still be enjoyed

- Is there an active multiplayer still

- Do I need to know the story of BL one first

User Info: DragonRaizen

DragonRaizen
5 months ago#2
1 - yes, very. And DLC characters are some of the best ways to play a FPS I can remember.

2- surprisingly so, yes.

3- Yes, absolutely. Clocked some 70 hours (one full playthrough until max level, a couple characters until New Game+) and I still reinstall it to play it sometimes.

4- Not particularly? I don't recall if this game has open lobbies, seeing as I only played at friends' invites.

5- You'll miss some references to the past game (mostly the reappearance of the previous four playable characters), and the story has some loose ties that follow up from the previous game, but overall it does its own thing. If it bothers you that much, you can read about it online in 5 minutes, 10 tops.
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
5 months ago#3
3. Playing single player is probably boring after a while.

Note: this is one of my favorite multiplayer games ever

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
5 months ago#4
I'm playing it right now.
It's great in single player, especially if you get goty edition - literally tons of content.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
5 months ago#5
For what it's worth, I played, beat, and thoroughly enjoyed BL1, and even beat the zombie DLC and would have beaten the assasins one but the quest progression bugged out.
For BL2, I regularly pick it up and just don't get anywhere in it. While it's "bigger and better" in basically every way, it just doesn't really seem to hold my attention for some reason.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: mdog30001

mdog30001
5 months ago#6
One of few semi modern games that has great local coop if you have a friend to play. My gf and I are currently working our way through it and it is a ton of fun. I originally tried playing it single player (like I did with the original BL) and its doable but much more fun with another person.
gamertag: mdog3000
i7 4790K, 16GB ram, MSI GTX 970, GA-Z97X-SLI, 650W Gold PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series, 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD, ACER B276HUL 1440p

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
5 months ago#7
my main gripe is that the enemies get -really- bullet-spongey after a point and the guns stop being entertaining if you are unable to find any particularly good ones.

otherwise it's a blast.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: sonic_c_tail

sonic_c_tail
5 months ago#8
NoJobBob posted...
I never got around to playing it. I purchased the first one when it came out and got bored pretty quickly of it. It had an interesting premise and I liked the style, but I found the game lacking.

-Is borderlands 2 substantially better

-Does it have an enjoyable story

-Can it be played single player and still be enjoyed

- Is there an active multiplayer still

- Do I need to know the story of BL one first

1) yes much more refined, also multiplayer is playable without enemies getting extremely bullet spongey. compared to one where you'd waste all your ammo and the boss would still be going.

2) depends

3) yes

4) you will most likely need to make friends with somebody due to the leveling nature of the game its hard to find somebody where you are supposed to be

5) it helps a lot
DarkZV2Beta -No, because PS2 was garbage, and is the primary cause of the collapse of the Japanese game market in the mid 2000s. https://i.imgur.com/FMxcdHw.jpg

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
5 months ago#9
The characters and skill tree are much better in BL2 but the loot is much worse. They ruined it with named weapon drops and boss farming.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
5 months ago#10
The first game was the only "okay" one in the series.

Everything after is worse in literally every way.

The world is worse.
The loot is worse.
The gameplay/gunplay is still ass as is enemy AI.
The writing is worse and FAR more annoying as every second the game tries as hard as possible to get you to mute your speakers.

Gearbox finished Duke Nukem Forever and was responsible for the same clueless try hard humor in that game which was completely out of touch from what made Duke3d great.
I5-8400 | ASRock Z370M-ITX | GSKILL 16GB | ASUS GTX 960
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Late to the party. Have never played borderlands 2 and have some questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived