This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often to rebuild/upgrade

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often to rebuild/upgrade

User Info: gvamp

gvamp
3 months ago#11
Actually no I don't want the mic I don't play online with my PC the group of friends I play with I play with on the Xbox. So any good quality headset would be nice.

What about dolby atmos do a lot of PC games have support for that?
Proud owner of the following systems: Xbox One X, Xbox 360, PS4 Pro, PS3, Nintendo Switch, Wii U, New 3DS XL and a gaming PC.
(message deleted)

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
3 months ago#13
Depends on your budget. As I said, if you don't need a Mic at all, you will want to invest just a little over 100$ USD and get something incredibly amazing.

If you're on a smaller budget, the Kingston HyperX Cloud II is a force to be reckoned with. The sound quality on that thing is phenomenal for the price range. It also comes with a microphone. The main thing is if you want to spend 80$ USD on a headset that sounds great with a mic, or spend $120 to get an incredible sound experience with no mic.

Under 80, go with the Cloud II.

Over 120, it's going to take you to check out when Sennheiser goes on those annual sales, where the 598 or the 579 goes on sale from 180 to 120.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

User Info: gvamp

gvamp
3 months ago#14
I've heard good things about Seinnheiser so I might check into those. I just want something with really decent sound and good simulated surround sound.

On a side note does anyone have any recommendations on SSDs preferably 500GB plus and under $200?
Proud owner of the following systems: Xbox One X, Xbox 360, PS4 Pro, PS3, Nintendo Switch, Wii U, New 3DS XL and a gaming PC.

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
3 months ago#15
The Crucial MX500 and the Samsung 860 EVO are the two leaders. The MX500 is basically Crucial's attempt to mimic the 860 EVO, but it absolutely works. Whichever you can get for cheaper at the time, pick that up.

They both have 500gb and 1TB size drives.

By the way, if you want to help get even better sound than getting a headset with a decent soundstage, you will want to download APO equalizer and play with it with your headset to get the best possible sound output.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

User Info: somebadlemonade

somebadlemonade
3 months ago#16
Not often at all, but I've been getting the itch, but I want to wait until Intel drops their mainstream 8 core CPUs.
Meh posting brought to you by SBL inc. Makers of The Only Ink that Stinks!

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
3 months ago#17
f***, I want to upgrade my GPU for ages now but the prices in my country are still insane so I'm waiting for the 1100 series.

But I will get an SSD as well.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: gundamaniacx20a

gundamaniacx20a
3 months ago#18
I'm waiting on ice lake personally. By then hopefully Intel will have their 10nm process down, and the kinks will have been worked out from cannon lake.

Hoping by then the 1180ti or 1280ti will be out, whichever it is.

I have money funneling into an account for when I'm ready to upgrade again. At least by then price shouldn't be a problem for me.

I'm still running a 4770k, but I have it OC'd to 4.4ghz. Been working on dialing my voltage back to try to control some of the heat.
PSN: RX--Zero
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/167749/

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 months ago#19
the monitor imo
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Maximoom

Maximoom
3 months ago#20
~4 years.
Gigabyte H81M-H | i5 4460 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3Tech 500W Bronze
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often to rebuild/upgrade

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived