This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CoD was actually a great shooter till.....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. CoD was actually a great shooter till.....

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
5 months ago#11
Somebody hass a seriously confused view of history.
Yeah I got faith, but sometimes fear it just weighs too much,
I don't want to feel, cold winds blowing through me like an empty touch.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
5 months ago#12
d209999 posted...
COD4 is a great game, and is the reason that the franchise still exists

this
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
The cranky hermit 5 months ago#13
Hi C posted...
It was Activisions budget title MoH competitor

CoD never competed with MoH on PC. Infinity Ward is quite literally the remnants of the team that made MoHAA, who left EA over "creative differences" while making its follow-up. CoD is what that follow-up morphed into under Activision.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
4 months ago#14
d209999 posted...
COD4 is a great game, and is the reason that the franchise still exists

COD4 was my last call of duty game.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 months ago#15
Disagree. It went to s*** when they wanted to go down the e-sports route and removed all the fun stuff in favour of making everything balanced.

WaW > MW2 > Black Ops > CoD 4. For me anyway. All good.

It went to s*** with MW3, but I still had fun with it. After that it just got worse and worse.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

Orestes417
4 months ago#16
We're gonna be polar opposites on that front. Nothing pisses me off more in a MP game than sloppy balance. Well almost nothing... I reserve the fury of a thousand suns for people who mistake stupidity for a fundamental right.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 months ago#17
CoD 2 was amazing. I went to Germany a couple years before the game came out, and got to visit the Eder Dam that gets bombed by the bouncing bombs in WW2. Well guess where one of the games missions was based? Yep, Eder Dam. It looked exactly like it did in game, except for the missing AA guns and Nazis.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: dunkis

dunkis
4 months ago#18
Everyone will have different opinions. Personally, I found most of the games rather unbalanced but fun only because not everyone was trying to be an a****** every single match. It was BO2 and 3 that after a few patches were relatively decent balance-wise and I played a good amount of them trying to get all the camos. But the lootbox stuff finally put me off CoD for good. Back in BO3 they said it'd be cosmetics only and then, whadyaknow, some schmuck at Activision probably required that they put any new guns they were planning on adding as lootbox drops. Woo, RNG balance! Gamble to win!

But it is sad that CoD started as a respectable WWII series and turned into -the- arcade shooter. It had to survive, but it lost all integrity, all appreciation of history, any ounce of realism, and focused instead on keeping the kids hyped on Dew buying it every year.
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 months ago#19
Hey now...dew and cod are perfect bros don't mess with the harmony!!!
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

Orestes417
4 months ago#20
The BO4 rumors are... let's just say Willie Nelson might be telling them to put down the bong.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. CoD was actually a great shooter till.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived