This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about R6 Siege redeeming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about R6 Siege redeeming

User Info: Boywonder1

Boywonder1
3 months ago#1
I bought the starter edition on STEAM awhile back(big regret. Starter edition is trash) and have been pondering about rebuying the standard edition. Lo and behold someone I know has a UPLAY code for standard edition. How do I go about redeeming this? Redeem as normal? What happens to the Steam tied key?
AMD FX 6300 3.5Ghz/ 8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz / MSI R9 290/ Origin-Steam-uPlay ID:WhySoSerious268

User Info: Azezo

Azezo
3 months ago#2
That's a rather odd case. However, if the key is for Uplay and not steam. I imagine you can redeem the standard edition and start that via U-play. However, I would not expect your previous progress to carry over in that case. Just starting with all the base operators unlocked, attachments and level one.
Why did you bother to read this?

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
3 months ago#3
i did some reading, apparently uplay considers the steam version and the uplay version to be 2 seperate versions of the game. so you could theoretically use the uplay code and have both the steam starter edition and the uplay standard edition on your uplay account. you would have to start from the very beginning again though.

also from what i read, i lot people just recommended buying credits and paying for all the base operators as its meant to work out around the same price as just buying the standard edition outright, if not a tiny bit more expensive, like $5 more.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about R6 Siege redeeming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived