This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about repurchasing a game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about repurchasing a game.

User Info: amilli0nlights

amilli0nlights
6 months ago#1
I already own Fallout 4, but I would like to purchase the DLC now. I've found the GOTY edition for cheaper than the season pass, if I buy the GOTY edition, what happens to the actual game download since I already own it?
Xbox One: AMilli0NliGHTS | PS4/Vita: AMilli0NliGHTS_ | Switch: 4951-1316-4319 | 3DS: 3926-7362-7193 | Steam: AMilli0nliGHTS

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
6 months ago#2
You get sued
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: Dredj

Dredj
6 months ago#3
It will appear in your Steam list as a separate game.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
6 months ago#4
Most likely it's "lost" and you don't get an extra copy. It depends, though - in some cases you might get it as a gift copy but it's up to the publisher to do that. Alternatively, if it's a bundle, you may get part of the price reduced because you already own part of it - also up to the publisher. There isn't a general Steam policy to do either of that but the possibility is there.

Also, if you happen to be getting the GOTY from outside Steam (that is, a key for Steam from a different reseller), then you don't have a choice - in that case you won't get a giftable copy or a price break or whatever.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: arleas

arleas
6 months ago#5
It's probably a completely separate game. For example I've got Batman Arkham City and Batman Arkham City GOTY as separate entries on my game list, and they're separate downloads. You MIGHT be able to copy the game files over and just download the extras.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

amilli0nlights
6 months ago#6
Okay, thank you guys for answering!
Xbox One: AMilli0NliGHTS | PS4/Vita: AMilli0NliGHTS_ | Switch: 4951-1316-4319 | 3DS: 3926-7362-7193 | Steam: AMilli0nliGHTS

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
6 months ago#7
arleas posted...
You MIGHT be able to copy the game files over and just download the extras.

Actually, it will most likely work. Just depends to what extent - Steam will just download what it thinks it needs, which may or may not include some of the previous files. However, given it's a Bethesda game, I think it will just download the new ones - I doubt the rest will be different.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Azezo

Azezo
6 months ago#8
Either it won't let him purchase the GOTY because he has part of it, or it will and it should just add the DLC to it. If you are past the refund period. You can get the game removed from your steam library I believe. Though I don't recall how. And just purchase the GOTY. So long as you aren't asking for a refund.
Why did you bother to read this?

amilli0nlights
6 months ago#9
Once I purchased the GOTY version, they put the game in my library twice, so I just went ahead and asked Steam to remove the old one.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about repurchasing a game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived