This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hello PC Master Race.... question about a rig build.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hello PC Master Race.... question about a rig build.

User Info: _MrENigma_

_MrENigma_
4 weeks ago#1
So my PC is dead. I've never really been a PC gamer. It was more about video editing and rendering. I am currently looking to get myself a new rig probably in July and I figured I'd ask here for some advice.

With a budget of around $2000 is it possible to put something together that can render up to 4k or do I need a bigger budget for that?

If $2000 is enough for a good rig can you guys recommend some specs for me?

Thanks in advance...

A lowly console peasant.
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma".
PSN: "WileENigma".

User Info: Scorpion122178

Scorpion122178
4 weeks ago#2
It might be doable but not at all worth it. You'd need a 1080TI at minimum to run 4K uncompromised(keeping settings high/ultra 60 FPS) and that right now by itself is half your budget.

RAM is also unreasonably expensive right now and a decent CPU will run 300-400 bucks.
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Total War: Warhammer, Halo 3, Metroid: Return of Samus
FC: 2638 - 1204 - 7548

_MrENigma_
4 weeks ago#3
Scorpion122178 posted...
It might be doable but not at all worth it. You'd need a 1080TI at minimum to run 4K uncompromised(keeping settings high/ultra 60 FPS) and that right now by itself is half your budget.

RAM is also unreasonably expensive right now and a decent CPU will run 300-400 bucks.

Any gameplay captured will be from consoles. If that helps at all.

Scorpion122178
4 weeks ago#4
_MrENigma_ posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...

Any gameplay captured will be from consoles. If that helps at all.

well that puts less stress on the system. I mean you can do it but like I said it just doesn't seem worth it. Outside of your GPU/CPU (which will be 65% of your budget ez) you still need 8 gigs of RAM, a mother board, a power supply, a HDD (2 terrabyte), a keyboard, a mouse and mouse pad(you could get a keyboard with a touch pad but if you're gaming you need a mouse, a 4K monitor/TV(unless you already have one you're already way over budget), a case of course, and I'd recommend a SSD to install your OS on. Oh yeah, you'll need an OS, might want a wireless adapter card but I'm fine with out one.

You don't really realize how expensive it gets until you notice all the little things adding up.

Not saying don't do it, I built my PC 5 years ago and spend about $1,400 and I've been very happy with my build(though I need to upgrade). I'd personally wait a little until prices on GPU's come down a little, maybe until black friday even where you might get a really good deal on alot of parts.
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Total War: Warhammer, Halo 3, Metroid: Return of Samus

_MrENigma_
4 weeks ago#5
Cheers for the feedback. Really appreciate it. I'm in no rush so I can hold off until BF. I was looking at July as I'm on vacation then and I'll have a bunch of free time. But waiting until BF just means I can add even more to the budget. :-)

Edit... I already own the mouse, Keyboard and a 4K screen so I'm just looking at the rig itself.

Scorpion122178
4 weeks ago#6
_MrENigma_ posted...
Cheers for the feedback. Really appreciate it. I'm in no rush so I can hold off until BF. I was looking at July as I'm on vacation then and I'll have a bunch of free time. But waiting until BF just means I can add even more to the budget. :-)

Edit... I already own the mouse, Keyboard and a 4K screen so I'm just looking at the rig itself.

just keep an ear to the ground on good deals for a GPU and RAM, if you can find good deals on them grab them even if you're not building the system yet.

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
4 weeks ago#7
Yeah, if you want a full top end system that will take some choices.

You can go a little cheaper on the cpu, you could get a 1080, b350 and a ryzen 1600-1700 if you want to save a few coins, but if your waiting until black friday then the info is more or less out of date.

Could see a new set of chips sneak up, ram prices die down, gpu's be plentiful and god existing.

Have faith.
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#8
_MrENigma_ posted...
So my PC is dead. I've never really been a PC gamer. It was more about video editing and rendering. I am currently looking to get myself a new rig probably in July and I figured I'd ask here for some advice.

With a budget of around $2000 is it possible to put something together that can render up to 4k or do I need a bigger budget for that?

Thanks in advance...

A lowly console peasant.

Why do people put things like this? Lowly console peasant, PC master race.... I mean good god man
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#9
Scorpion122178 posted...
_MrENigma_ posted...

just keep an ear to the ground on good deals for a GPU and RAM, if you can find good deals on them grab them even if you're not building the system yet.

Ya GPU and RAM are the components in high demand.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

_MrENigma_
4 weeks ago#10
Fade2black001 posted...
_MrENigma_ posted...

Thanks in advance...

A lowly console peasant.

Why do people put things like this? Lowly console peasant, PC master race.... I mean good god man

Relax. It's just harmless fun and my way of emphasising that I have zero clue when it comes to PC building so I thought I'd come here to get some advice from people who probably know a hell of a lot more than me. I also intend to get advice from the people I will eventually go to to build the thing for me later on. All I was doing was looking for options and advice. Didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hello PC Master Race.... question about a rig build.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived