This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing MGSV TPP... Question (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Playing MGSV TPP... Question (spoilers)

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
6 months ago#1
So I'm on the second chapter I think.

I'm getting a bit tired of the game because it's very repetitive. I just defeated Quiet on Extreme. That took me a while because I had to get the hang of the on/m controls. Once I got the hang of it, I beat her easily.

Anyways, I'm doing side ops because I have to if I want to unlock more main missions. Right now I have to rescue some kids and I'm wondering how many side ops missions I have left? Getting tired of them. I just want to beat the game already. How much do I have left?

Don't get me wrong, gameplay is did but the open world is so empty and the missions are repetitive.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
6 months ago#2
Can't remember exactly how many side-ops you need, but it shouldn't be that many.
That game terrible and ruined the franchise reputation.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
6 months ago#3
I think Chapter 2 starts at like Mission 31 IIRC correctly, basically missions 32-50 are basically repeats of all the first chapter missions with some extreme modifier.

Game is crap. Consider the game beaten at mission 30 or 31 when you fight sahelanthropus and get the cutscene with Venom and Kaz shooting skull face
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
6 months ago#4
Hagan posted...
I think Chapter 2 starts at like Mission 31 IIRC correctly, basically missions 32-50 are basically repeats of all the first chapter missions with some extreme modifier.

Game is crap. Consider the game beaten at mission 30 or 31 when you fight sahelanthropus and get the cutscene with Venom and Kaz shooting skull face

I'll check what mission I'm on later today. It's unfortunate the game has so many repetitive missions to make up for the small amount of unique missions.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
6 months ago#5
pipebomb_phil posted...
It's unfortunate the game has so many repetitive missions to make up for the small amount of unique missions.

It's because there are a ton of ways to complete those repetitive missions. They left it up to the player to not bore themselves by doing the same thing over and over.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
6 months ago#6
wildog2006 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...
It's unfortunate the game has so many repetitive missions to make up for the small amount of unique missions.

It's because there are a ton of ways to complete those repetitive missions. They left it up to the player to not bore themselves by doing the same thing over and over.

But there really isn't. If you want an S grade, which I did get for every mission. Its best to just forget the side objectives and make a beeline to the main objective to complete the mission for the quickest time.

People are like oh its so cool I can bring any gun I want, and call in tanks, and make weird gadgets to confuse the enemy but none of that crap matters because you can just run to the main objective to complete the mission for the highest score. Couple that with the crappy/non-existent story the game is just bad.

Another feature that I did not enjoy was the base builder/sims management. Gotta increase (x) division so you can research how to make a silencer. Uh oh somebody is sick or fighting with so and so, better separate them. WTF is this s***? I want to play a stealth action game, not a crappy version of the SIMS. Couple that with the stupid helicopter trips from base, to Africa, to Afghanistan, holy hell its just so boring...

The only thing that game had going for it was its graphics and solid optimization. Otherwise is just a 5/10 game. The fact that its 90+ on Metacritic means that reviewers with d-ride Kojima and give solid review numbers based on a series past successes.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#7
Second chapter sucked. Its just repeats of missions but harder pretty much.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#8
Hagan posted...
wildog2006 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

But there really isn't. If you want an S grade, which I did get for every mission. Its best to just forget the side objectives and make a beeline to the main objective to complete the mission for the quickest time.

People are like oh its so cool I can bring any gun I want, and call in tanks, and make weird gadgets to confuse the enemy but none of that crap matters because you can just run to the main objective to complete the mission for the highest score. Couple that with the crappy/non-existent story the game is just bad.

Another feature that I did not enjoy was the base builder/sims management. Gotta increase (x) division so you can research how to make a silencer. Uh oh somebody is sick or fighting with so and so, better separate them. WTF is this s***? I want to play a stealth action game, not a crappy version of the SIMS. Couple that with the stupid helicopter trips from base, to Africa, to Afghanistan, holy hell its just so boring...

The only thing that game had going for it was its graphics and solid optimization. Otherwise is just a 5/10 game. The fact that its 90+ on Metacritic means that reviewers with d-ride Kojima and give solid review numbers based on a series past successes.

You can cheese (not sure if this has been patched) it by using mist parasites. Using camo parasites and such will auto give you an A rank, but mist is ok. So one of the missions was a stroll to the finish. This also gives the unnoticed bonus.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
6 months ago#9
pipebomb_phil posted...
Hagan posted...

I'll check what mission I'm on later today. It's unfortunate the game has so many repetitive missions to make up for the small amount of unique missions.

There's 12 repeats starting at mission 33. I mean, it's a good number, but highly exaggerated above. You don't even have to do most of them either if you don't want to. The missions can be pretty good though. I quite enjoyed the two "Subsistence" ones.

Hagan posted...
wildog2006 posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

There's plenty of different ways to tackle the missions and numerous side objectives to complete during them. You chose to ignore all that and complete the mission in a boring way for a score.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Playing MGSV TPP... Question (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived