This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Graphics card help china question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics card help china question

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
5 months ago#11
Here's a very informative video about those fake cards that are priced too-good-to-be-true:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ved84d_6occ

Don't buy them and whenever you buy a card online make sure to benchmark it to make sure you get the correct performance that's expected of the card. These scam cards are very weak and are flashed with fake BIOS to trick your PC into reporting/detecting the wrong graphics card.

User Info: movuzzo

movuzzo
5 months ago#12
I got this ads on Instagram a while ago and it's just cost around 50$ for a GTX 960 4GB
Thank God I researched on Youtube and finds out it was a fake
(message deleted)

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
5 months ago#14
Kokuei05 posted...
That GTX960 looks exactly like the heatsink of a Yeston branded GTX960. Yeston is a Chinese brand that are good quality. This being "Independent" though looks shady.

Uh, yeah, that's how you make an old card look new. You take a newer heatsink and slap it on an old as dirt GPU, ????, profit.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
5 months ago#15
Fade2black001 posted...
Never trust things from china

You mean like most of the products above the basement you live in?
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
5 months ago#16
People told you as much in your other topic, but I'll re-iterate here: You're not going to get any meaningful performance upgrades for 60 Euros or less - any GPU you buy in that range is going to be a basic "multimedia" card, or flammable garbage marketed as a "gaming" card like the scams mentioned above. Also, even if you did buy a new GPU it would be bottlenecked by your old CPU.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics card help china question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived