This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, Zen+ is a real winner.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, Zen+ is a real winner.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12625/amd-second-generation-ryzen-7-2700x-2700-ryzen-5-2600x-2600
Topping charts in gaming benchmarks despite a lower clockspeed, quite impressive. Not only are these outperforming Intel price-competitors in gaming, but they're doing it at a lower TDP. That small advertised ~3%(up to 20% in some cases, probably ~3% avg) better IPC, slight(6%) clockspeed bump, and better frequency stepping really made quite the difference.

I have to say, AMD is really keeping it up against Intel despite their financial and positional disadvantages. Ryzen 2/Zen+ is a real winner, even if it's not the much awaited Zen2.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#2
Good to continue having competition in the CPU space again.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
4 weeks ago#3
I like the competition. I've been very happy with my 1700X since I do lot of multi tasking, and use it as a workstation as well as for gaming. I probably won't upgrade until Zen 2, or maybe Intel depending on what they are offering at the tim.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#4
wtf the ryzen 5 2600 killed the i7-8700k in all the games they tested xD
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: runrom

runrom
4 weeks ago#5
So what's the thermal material on these chips? Is it a similar material used on the Intel Coffee Lake processors where some enthusiasts have delidded their CPUs for better thermal performance?
Dell Inspiron 7577 1060 6gb Max-Q | HP 870-244 w/ GTX1070 | Nintendo Switch | PS4
Hori RAP v.4 VLX | Magni and Modi 2 Stack | Beyerdynamic 770 Pro 250

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#6
i just noticed they use faster memory for zen+ as opposed to coffeelake. though i mean the zen+ motherboard does officially support higher faster memory so it makes sense.

Keep in mind they used a top of the line motherboard for their zen+ chips, so you may not get the same results with a different MB.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 weeks ago#7
runrom posted...
So what's the thermal material on these chips? Is it a similar material used on the Intel Coffee Lake processors where some enthusiasts have delidded their CPUs for better thermal performance?

Mainstream Ryzen 5, 7, and Threadripper were soldered. Some of the APUs are like Intel, not sure if they all were. Not sure about the R3s. I'd assume the 2600/x and 2700/x are soldered as well until someone delids them
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#8
Keep in mind they're using an enterprise version of windows 10, but not sure if that even makes a difference.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#9
I'd upgrade my i7 3770k to a Ryzen chip, but then I'd have to buy another MOBO which means I'd have to buy DDR4 RAM, argh.

Freaking RAM prices are killing me here
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: ghost140

ghost140
4 weeks ago#10
Good maybe Intel will actually innovate again to justify their insane prices
"Why is basic healthcare like irony? Americans don't get it."
- Yahtzee
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, Zen+ is a real winner.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived