This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What shadowrun should I play first? Which to skip?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What shadowrun should I play first? Which to skip?

User Info: Teremei

Teremei
1 month ago#1
I have the original shadowrun returns, Dragonfall director's cut, and Hong Kong Extended.

What is the timeline of these games, IE which should I play first which should I skip, if any?
BenQ, 100" screen, Klipsch RF-7II and RC-64II + 7.2 surround system for SNES classic, seriously. LG 65" OLED for PS4.

User Info: KenshiroX

KenshiroX
1 month ago#2
None. The first game gets you into the world, and admittedly it is short, a day or two to beat. All three are good, and take place in different places.

Teremei
1 month ago#3
I'll start with the original, thanks.
BenQ, 100" screen, Klipsch RF-7II and RC-64II + 7.2 surround system for SNES classic, seriously. LG 65" OLED for PS4.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
1 month ago#4
I say play em in the order that they were released.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018...it's just a mcguffin to get me to beat more games: https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
1 month ago#5
genesis one. It's a classic.
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
4 weeks ago#6
The new ones are better then the Genesis game in my opinion.
It was fantastic back then but it aged pretty badly, alot of repetition.

Dragonfall and Hongkong are both great games with alot of roleplaying options and interesting story, missions and characters.
I haven't played returns but I heard it's also pretty good.

User Info: Djoser2000

Djoser2000
4 weeks ago#7
Start with the original.

The best is Dragonfall - on of the best stories I've ever seen in a game.
We're all living in Amerika, Amerika ist wunderbar -
We're all living in Amerika, Coca-Cola, sometimes war...

User Info: solosnake

solosnake
4 weeks ago#8
Got all these on humble bundle a month or two ago, still havent played any of them
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://i.imgur.com/MYYEIx5.gif http://i.imgur.com/WGE12ef.jpg

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
4 weeks ago#9
I started with Dragonfall and couldn't get into Returns. There is a huge difference in quality. Starting with Returns is a good call if you want to play all 3.
Relax, it's just a game.

Teremei
4 weeks ago#10
Yeah I'll start with the first bc the other 2 are probably better.

I am going to get a GPD Win 2 so I can play them at work which is awesome. That's why I asked. I can finally play some of these gog games.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What shadowrun should I play first? Which to skip?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived