This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Eador. Masters of the Broken World FREE on Steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Eador. Masters of the Broken World FREE on Steam

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
6 months ago#31
I'm not "trying hard" to justify myself. I'm saying a $19 hike over having the service for nearly 10 years was pretty much unnoticeable. You were the one "trying hard" to say the service was crappy.

On top of that, all the extras they attached to Prime came out way before the price increase, so saying it increased due to the streaming service and such is incorrect. It had more to do with the actual shipping costs increasing due to fuel costs, inflation, and whatnot.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
6 months ago#32
SilentHawk29 posted...
I'm not "trying hard" to justify myself.

Then why did you need three posts in which you continually go "But it's not so bad" bringing completely different points every time?

SilentHawk29 posted...
You were the one "trying hard" to say the service was crappy.

Except, you know, if you personally benefit from it. Which is exactly what I said.
vlado_e posted...
Unless you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, that is, and/or you're also interested in their other offers, the Prime subscription sort of sucks.

But if you literally just want shipping, then the "extra value" is wasted. Even if you want video or music streaming, you might already have other alternatives, so those can still be wasted. So, it's not a great deal for every single customer. If my grandmother used the Internet, then she wouldn't have really benefitted from getting Twitch Prime or free games, now would she?

So, this brings us back again to exactly what I said - if you personally benefit from this, then it's fine, but in the general case, which would be the vast majority of people, it's not an amazing deal as the extra services aren't needed. You end up paying for them whether you want or not, however, as you have no option not to.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
6 months ago#33
But you're not paying for the extra services, lol. They come with the shipping. The price increased due to inflation and gas prices increasing, not due to offering books and shows.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: strat10

strat10
6 months ago#34
They used to offer free unlimited cloud storage. I uploaded like 1700 GBs then they decide to limit to 1TB and kept photos for free. It did not stop there they later made it as yearly $60 plan discount Photos is for non-professional. Don't bother trying to upload 5TB of pictures. lol

1TB for free was good. Even if it's not free it's actually cheaper than Google Drive and Dropbox but Microsoft Office 360 offers similar pricing 1TB per user up to 5 users.

This is one of Amazon's services that is no longer free.
Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Eador. Masters of the Broken World FREE on Steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived