This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do you prefer PC games?

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
8 months ago#51
Now, I don't play Overwatch.

But it costs a hundred and twenty bucks on consoles.

User Info: arleas

arleas
8 months ago#52
I prefer PC games because I can upgrade my PC and keep playing both my new games and my old ones (though as they get REALLY old it starts becoming harder to get them working).

On Consoles, you have to hope your not-so-benevolent overlords deem you worthy of being able to play games from a bygone era. I just saw an article making a big deal out of the fact that you can play Xbox 1 games on your Xbone. "Please sir, can I play my old games on my new hardware?" "Here's a list of titles we'll allow you to play. NOW BEGONE!" "Thank you Your Grace. Your kindness knows no bounds"

f*** that.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
7 months ago#53
^Agreed!!!
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
7 months ago#54
bshwalker posted...
^Agreed!!!
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3099-5529

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
7 months ago#55
Synbios459 posted...
bshwalker posted...
^Agreed!!!

^Agreed!!!
Now, say my name.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
7 months ago#56
Some of those back compatible OG Xbox games are not available on PC since they are Xbox exclusives like Panzer Dragon Orta, Breakdown and Ninja Gaiden Black and you can play some of them(enhanced) now in 4K with much higher framerates, so having the option of playing them on my Xbox One X with my 4K TV is really nice.

Many of the OG Xbox games that were released via back compatibility like KOTOR 1 and 2, Morrowind, Jade Empire, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 though are also available on PC so I saw no need to get them, especially since the PC version with mods tend to be better.

However it is nice that a new generation of console gamers get to experience this all time greats in 16x resolution, with better textures, smoother gameplay and better framerates on the Xbox One X.

User Info: MangorushZv

MangorushZv
7 months ago#57
FireDrakeZ posted...
Some of those back compatible OG Xbox games are not available on PC since they are Xbox exclusives like Panzer Dragon Orta, Breakdown and Ninja Gaiden Black and you can play some of them(enhanced) now in 4K with much higher framerates, so having the option on playing them on my Xbox One X with my 4K TV is really nice.

Many of the OG Xbox games that were released via back compatibility like KOTOR 1 and 2, Morrowind, Jade Empire, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 though are also available on PC so I saw no need to get them, especially since the PC version with mods tend to be better.

However it is nice that a new generation of console gamers get to experience this all time greats in 16x resolution, with better textures, smoother gameplay and better framerates on the Xbox One X.

Well there is an Xbox emulator that's in the works, not sure how far in development it has gone but it's still currently active, I would link it but I think that's illegal here on gamefaqs but I believe the name is cxbx-Reloaded, hopefully will able to start playing some of the Xbox exclusive games on PC really soon.
My Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mangorushz

FireDrakeZ
7 months ago#58
MangorushZv posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...
Some of those back compatible OG Xbox games are not available on PC since they are Xbox exclusives like Panzer Dragon Orta, Breakdown and Ninja Gaiden Black and you can play some of them(enhanced) now in 4K with much higher framerates, so having the option on playing them on my Xbox One X with my 4K TV is really nice.

Well there is an Xbox emulator that's in the works, not sure how far in development it has gone but it's still currently active, I would link it but I think that's illegal here on gamefaqs but I believe the name is cxbx-Reloaded, hopefully will able to start playing some of the Xbox exclusive games on PC really soon.

I know but Xbox emulation on PC has not quite matured yet unlike for PS2 and Nintendo. Emulation on the Xbox One X is still a lot better for Xbox exclusives.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Xbox_emulators

"Due to a lack of interest, a lack of console-exclusive games, or in some case very toxic behavior or potential legal threats towards developers, the Xbox emulation scene has remained dormant until recently. For the projects currently available, there is a high barrier to entry for the effort involved. In spite of its very PC-like hardware, the Xbox has enough proprietary elements to make emulation non-trivial. Many aspects of the Xbox's CPU, GPU, audio and BIOS are undocumented and not fully understood"

Anyways playing the enhanced version Red Dead Redemption(which is not available on PC) in 4K HDR, is a truly amazing experience.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-red-dead-redemption-4k-xbox-one-x-analysis

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/11/17224660/red-dead-redemption-xbox-one-x-4k-backwards-compatibility

FireDrakeZ
7 months ago#59
Microsoft in general are moving to make the Xbox One X as close as possible to a PC adding back compatibility(more than 500 games from previous generations), Free Sync(Variable Refresh Rate), Dolby Atmos, Auto low latency mode(to reduce input lag), ability to play 4K HDR, support for 120Hz refresh rate for 1080p and 1440p output resolutions, and plans to add support for some of the features of the HDMI 2.1 standard with the added feature not commonly found on PCs of having a 4K HDR blu ray player included, all for half or more of the price you are going to have to pay for in an equivalent PC. They also have a Play Anywhere library of games that you can play on both Xbox One and PC while bringing your saves with you. And a UI that is fully integrated with the Microsoft/Xbox website on PC. It really helps that Microsoft owns both Xbox and the Windows 10 OS architecture. Even the Xbox controllers are recognized natively by Windows 10.

None of these features btw, are available on the Playstation console.

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
7 months ago#60
^Agreed!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do you prefer PC games?
  • Topic Archived