This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hm.. Tekken 7 developer confirms recent performance problems is due to Denuvo.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hm.. Tekken 7 developer confirms recent performance problems is due to Denuvo.

User Info: Fony

Fony
6 months ago#41
Can confirm, I own Tekken 7 and it lags on my 1080Ti in offline mode.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
6 months ago#42
Is this Heisenberg guy a parody account?
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
6 months ago#43
Black_Assassin posted...
Is this Heisenberg guy a parody account?

You're goddamn right.
I am not economically viable.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
6 months ago#44
denuvo apologists are too blind to see the truth

If a game uses denuvo on pc then i stick to the console version.I'll take inferior visuals and frame rates any day over malware trash.
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
6 months ago#45
SnakePlisken94 posted...

If a game uses denuvo on pc then i stick to the console version.I'll take inferior visuals and frame rates any day over malware trash.

Boosting console sales. Yeah that'll convince them to support pc better.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
6 months ago#46
So this is what, like the first confirmed case of it affecting performance? That's all people really asked for, was proof. Took this long to get it, and it only really affects the one game but that won't stop people bringing this up again and again and again like it applies to every Denuvo game.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
6 months ago#47
Damaged7 posted...
....bringing this up again and again and again like it applies to every Denuvo game.

It does apply to every denuvo game. I own two games with denuvo ( Tekken 7 is one of them ) and both of them have problems and behave like crap.

( inb4 what are your specs. I have the best of the best and my machine is clean as a whistle ).

SinisterSlay posted...
SnakePlisken94 posted...

Boosting console sales. Yeah that'll convince them to support pc better.

lol. Yeah, s***ty console performance is way worse than any drm malware.

But still, denuvo needs to be fought and destroyed.

Damaged7
6 months ago#48
WhyWontHeFall posted...
It does apply to every denuvo game. I own two games with denuvo ( Tekken 7 is one of them ) and both of them have problems and behave like crap.

Except that it doesn't. I have Denuvo games as well, one of them being the notorious Arkham Knight... and it runs fine. Far Cry 5? Also runs fine. AC Origins? Heavy CPU load issue.... which was proven to be related to VMprotect and NOT Denuvo.

You can "inb4" all you want but you know if other people play the same games fine and its you that are having problems with your games... then its probably your PC. Lets continue down the list. You really don't have the best of the best, i'm not even sure you could name the best of the best.

Mad Max - Runs fine, actually was touted as being a very easy to run and optimized game.
MGSV - Runs fine.
Battlefront - Runs fine.
Just Cause 3 - Runs fine.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Runs fine other then Geothermal Valley.
Unravel- Runs fine.
Far Cry Primal - Runs fine.

I can go on and on, and i'm only listing the games I've played, but there's more and more of them. So yeah, saying every game with Denuvo is a performance riddled mess is untrue.

But i'll play your game. Since you have 2 Denuvo games that run terrible and that somehow means all the games run terrible. Well I have more Denuvo games then you and they all run fine so i'm in the right.

So if you want to look at it logically or by your own skewed logic, you still don't come out on top.

User Info: Utinil

Utinil
6 months ago#49
Damaged7 posted...
WhyWontHeFall posted...

Except that it doesn't. I have Denuvo games as well, one of them being the notorious Arkham Knight... and it runs fine. Far Cry 5? Also runs fine. AC Origins? Heavy CPU load issue.... which was proven to be related to VMprotect and NOT Denuvo.

You can "inb4" all you want but you know if other people play the same games fine and its you that are having problems with your games... then its probably your PC. Lets continue down the list. You really don't have the best of the best, i'm not even sure you could name the best of the best.

Mad Max - Runs fine, actually was touted as being a very easy to run and optimized game.
MGSV - Runs fine.
Battlefront - Runs fine.
Unravel- Runs fine.

I can go on and on, and i'm only listing the games I've played, but there's more and more of them. So yeah, saying every game with Denuvo is a performance riddled mess is untrue.

But i'll play your game. Since you have 2 Denuvo games that run terrible and that somehow means all the games run terrible. Well I have more Denuvo games then you and they all run fine so i'm in the right.

So if you want to look at it logically or by your own skewed logic, you still don't come out on top.

The fact that something "runs fine" does nothing to disprove that Denuvo causes some performance problems. I probably couldn't look at a game running 58 fps instead of 60 and notice (assuming a stable rate) that doesn't mean I should happily accept code being added that takes away those 2 fps.

Damaged7
6 months ago#50
Utinil posted...
Damaged7 posted...
WhyWontHeFall posted...

MGSV - Runs fine.
Battlefront - Runs fine.
Unravel- Runs fine.

The fact that something "runs fine" does nothing to disprove that Denuvo causes some performance problems. I probably couldn't look at a game running 58 fps instead of 60 and notice (assuming a stable rate) that doesn't mean I should happily accept code being added that takes away those 2 fps.

The fact that one guy had a problem with his two games doesn't prove that it has performance issues either. You're forgetting that he was the one claiming ALL Denuvo games have problems... burden of proof is on him. Besides, it was all ready proven that Denuvo didn't affect performance of FF15. So there's the claim of all Denuvo games affecting performance out the window. Hell in one case it was tested, it produced results BETTER then the game not having Denuvo.

I'm not saying that it can't ever have an impact. If its implemented very poorly then yeah it could, but is that case with the majority of games? Absolutely not.

How much you wanna bet that the same people who complain about a theoretical performance loss, runs s*** in the background they don't need? Hell, even Steam takes more resources then Denuvo. People have dozens of tabs open, run discord, have music players... all that affect performance.

So my question to you is, if these people are unhappy with some code that could maybe drop performance a few frames, then why do they choose to do that very same thing?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hm.. Tekken 7 developer confirms recent performance problems is due to Denuvo.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived