This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tips for PUBG? I'm really bad at it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tips for PUBG? I'm really bad at it.

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
1 month ago#1
I have played close to 20 hours already and I'm really terrible at it.

It's very rare when I get a kill. Hell, landing my shots at other players is an issue for me. I can't hit them most of the time.

And my biggest problem is that I can't find other players. Even in the War Event. I look all around me to see who is attacking me and I can't find anyone. I don't know what it is. I know someone here will say it's a cheater but I can't really tell if someone is cheating in PUBG or not.

Any tips? It's an enjoyable game. I'd enjoy it more if I could find more players in the maps and get more kills. I really don't care about winning. I have fun looting and looking for players. Killing players is so satisfying because it's pretty rare for me. I just get tired of being in a game for 10 minutes or longer without killing anyone.

Edit: Don't post if you're here just to troll. I'm ignoring troll posts and will report them.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
1 month ago#2
Best tip I have for PUBG is to not play it.
Glorious 4K/Vive VR PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
1 month ago#3
protools1983 posted...
Best tip I have for PUBG is to not play it.

yawn, came to this topic expecting this exact response and im still disappointed.

0/10

Are you playing on a team or solo?

It depends what kind of game you play in PUBG. I personally like to land somewhere isolated and make my way to the inner circle and let the other players kill each other, its really easy to make it into top 10 like this.

Then you can also join the s*** show of dropping into hotzones and gambling the entire game on you better at killing other players- typically you will peak gear wise early on like this. This playstyle isnt for me so I cant speak much to it, but its great combat practice. Either just drop straight down when the game begins or pick a known hotzone. This might be an avenue to consider for your own practice. Its also hilarious.
"You are a regular bot lane expecting a normal game then BOOM two idiots show up. flying to bot lane."
-The_Weird_Gamer

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#4
pipebomb_phil posted...
I just get tired of being in a game for 10 minutes or longer without killing anyone.

Well, that's how the game works. Drop in hotzones if you want action.

PUBG is slow as f***. If you don't drop in hotzones, it's completely random whether you'll find a player looting obscure spots. Then after first circle closes, game has 30-40 alive and 15 minutes of running around ensues.

It's not worth playing solo IMO. Just find some people to play with you. Only time I do solo is when I want to get some more BP.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
1 month ago#5
pipebomb_phil posted...
And my biggest problem is that I can't find other players. Even in the War Event. I look all around me to see who is attacking me and I can't find anyone. I don't know what it is. I know someone here will say it's a cheater but I can't really tell if someone is cheating in PUBG or not.

It's the biggest problem with all Battle Royal games imo, you spend 95% of your time just walking from one building to the next, picking up loot and looking for other players. It gets boring very quickly, personally i'd prefer to just play a standard FPS game, but the one benefit with PUBG is that the crates/items are selling for a decent amount on Steam, i've made around $50 so far.

pipebomb_phil
1 month ago#6
@Bendetto I play solo. I played about 2 squad matches but I do terrible even in the War event where everyone starts off with random weapons and grenades in a small zone.

I usually drop in isolated areas but lately I've been dropping as soon as I can to get some action. I think I was in the top 10 once but didn't kill anyone.

@Tyranius2 I was avoiding playing with others because I'm so bad at the game. But I can try playing in teams more. It would be good for practice too I think.

I enjoy looking for players and looting but I've been in games where I died after 15 mins without finding any other player or dying quickly in an encounter. That makes me feel like I wasted a lot of time doing nothing.

@Chilly0123 I enjoy exploring, finding other players, and looting. But sometimes I feel like I wasted a lot of time when I get killed after 10-15 mins and I get a bit annoyed and play a different game. That's why I want to get better at this game because I do like it.

The other game I play is Overwatch. It's full of action. I haven't played much of Fortnite. I'm not into the building aspect.

And yeah I put up 2 crates for sale yesterday. Hopefully someone buys them. I'd use them myself but apparently I need to buy keys to use them and I'm not going to do that.
#pipebomb_phil

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
1 month ago#7
Well, it depends on your goal then I imagine. It sounds like you want to be #1 to me. It also sounds like this game's style isnt cut out for you if you aren't enjoying it... Personally I do not play this game because its 'fun', I play this game because it is invigorating the way that it creates a tense atmosphere that slowly builds until the game ends. I also enjoyed playing Alien Isolation, so take my comment with a grain of salt knowing that... If I want a 'fun' experience I will not play PvP games, I play those for excitement and to be competitive.
"You are a regular bot lane expecting a normal game then BOOM two idiots show up. flying to bot lane."
-The_Weird_Gamer

pipebomb_phil
1 month ago#8
Bendetto posted...
Well, it depends on your goal then I imagine. It sounds like you want to be #1 to me. It also sounds like this game's style isnt cut out for you if you aren't enjoying it... Personally I do not play this game because its 'fun', I play this game because it is invigorating the way that it creates a tense atmosphere that slowly builds until the game ends. I also enjoyed playing Alien Isolation, so take my comment with a grain of salt knowing that... If I want a 'fun' experience I will not play PvP games, I play those for excitement and to be competitive.

I enjoy the game for the same reasons you do and I find it funny. I don't care about winning. And I like how you can progressively get stronger by looting better gear and weapons. I'm just terrible at the game.

And I want to play Alien Isolation. It looks very interesting.
#pipebomb_phil

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
1 month ago#9
pipebomb_phil posted...
@Chilly0123 I enjoy exploring, finding other players, and looting. But sometimes I feel like I wasted a lot of time when I get killed after 10-15 mins and I get a bit annoyed and play a different game. That's why I want to get better at this game because I do like it.

The other game I play is Overwatch. It's full of action. I haven't played much of Fortnite. I'm not into the building aspect.

I've recently gotten back into Overwatch myself, if you are good at aiming in that game then you should have no problem getting kills in PUBG!

The best thing you can do is always land in hotspots where you see the most other players landing, then if you survive that, get into a car and drive around until you hear shots so you can track even more players down to pick fights with. I think the biggest mistake i made when i first got into PUBG was hiding, i was going for the win every time and just sat around doing nothing for 20-30 minutes, then when i had to fight the final few players, i was all rusty and unprepared. They had better weapons and armor, and were much more warmed up and ready to fight, so they usually won. Now whenever i play, i'll land in places like the school or military on the old map, and in the middle towns like Picado and Hacienda on the new map. Regardless of if i survive or not, i'm more warmed up and got some practice in for the next match, which will help out the most in those top 10 situations when you need to fight off other players for that win!

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
1 month ago#10
It's very important to keep in mind that dropping hot will only teach you how to get better at dropping hot / playing CQC.

You will never learn how to play in the endgame (say 10 enemies left) or getting better in the endgame by dropping hot. Only getting to Top 10 and practicing your movements/medium-range shooting will lead to improving. Edit: It's a different game when there's 10 Alive. This is why so many people choke during the last 10 remaining.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tips for PUBG? I'm really bad at it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived