This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you get any low tier gaming laptops under $500?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can you get any low tier gaming laptops under $500?

User Info: Agnostic420

Agnostic420
4 months ago#1
I know my first gaming laptop was like.. $1200 way back in the day. It was some ASUS(black and red) and it was pretty solid.

User Info: therad00

therad00
4 months ago#2
My girlfriends new laptop was $400 and it plays Minesweeper like a champ.
PSN: therad85

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
4 months ago#3
In a way you can, consider gaming could mean anything from the most demanding games out now to emulating pong.

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
4 months ago#4
Right now you can get a laptop with the GeForce MX150 for $550. It can play most games at low to medium settings.
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

User Info: Agnostic420

Agnostic420
4 months ago#5
Where they be

GTRagnarok
4 months ago#6
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i5-8250U-GeForce-A515-51G-515J/dp/B075KCJHMD

GTRagnarok
4 months ago#7
But really, if you want to game for real, you'd need to up your budget a bit. A 1050 or 1050 Ti can be had for not much more, and they're way better. And you can find occasional deals for laptops with a 1060 for ~$700-800. That can play most games at high or max at 1080p.

User Info: MasterPoker

MasterPoker
4 months ago#8
Honestly, at that price range I'd go with a GPD Win at ~$350-400 (not the newest revision, which costs >$500). You can game on it to a decent extent for non-AAA/open world titles, and it has a decent form factor considering the controller is on-board.
Xuande | F/GO, Apr/1/18: https://i.imgur.com/i2RoJgh.jpg (364,837,417)
Next Goal: Farming Pages/Hearts/QP, Leveling Edison/Carmilla

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 months ago#9
MasterPoker posted...
Honestly, at that price range I'd go with a GPD Win at ~$350-400 (not the newest revision, which costs >$500). You can game on it to a decent extent for non-AAA/open world titles, and it has a decent form factor considering the controller is on-board.

The specs on that is dog s***. The guy that posted that $550 laptop makes that device it's b****.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: MasterPoker

MasterPoker
4 months ago#10
Kokuei05 posted...
MasterPoker posted...

The specs on that is dog s***. The guy that posted that $550 laptop makes that device it's b****.

I'm not in the market of getting a low-end laptop for general use. As someone who owns several tiers of PC (from a GPD Win to a i7-2600k/750Ti budget rig and i7/850m budget laptop to a i7-4770k/1080Ti gaming rig), I don't see the need for anything beefier on the go. I would want a small, fairly quiet form factor that isn't tethered to a wall, and the GPD Win provides that at a reasonable price for indie and light gaming.

Obviously, if your idea of portable gaming is to buy most of the Steam Top Sellers list or the latest AAA titles, GPD Win isn't going to cut it - but then neither is a $550 laptop, unless you like running everything at low/medium sub-60 FPS.
Xuande | F/GO, Apr/1/18: https://i.imgur.com/i2RoJgh.jpg (364,837,417)
Next Goal: Farming Pages/Hearts/QP, Leveling Edison/Carmilla
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can you get any low tier gaming laptops under $500?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived