This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best motherboard for Ryzen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the best motherboard for Ryzen

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
6 months ago#1
Hi, I'm starting looking at motherboards for a Ryzen 2 build. Seems the major players are MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock and ASUS. I want relatively good sound, DDR4 support (for 3200 speed), good usb connection support, preferably a ATX size motherboard.

I have narrowed it down to the following, though interested to hear of others I've missed.

ASUS ROG Strix B350-F
MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

I did look at some Gigabyte boards, but apparently the VRMs can get quite hot if you try and overclock.

Hoping that some B450 motherboards come out soon, but otherwise I'll stick with B350 builds.

Looking to use Corsair 3200 C16 or 3000 C15 memory.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: EtherealEidolon

EtherealEidolon
6 months ago#2
I have heard that MSI produce lower quality motherboards than Asus so I guess the Strix would be the way to go assuming these claims are true. The Asus mobo is also a bit cheaper, at least in the UK.

Either way, there won't be that much difference between them especially if you don't overclock much.

Regarding Ryzen 2, do you have a processor that you can perform a BIOS update with? If not, you won't be able to boot up the computer. The B450 boards will come with out of the box support for Ryzen 2 so if you are unable to perform the update, or can't get a boot kit from AMD, then they may be the best option.

User Info: d209999

d209999
6 months ago#3
And I've had issues with Asus boards in the past, and MSI has always been rock solid for me.

So it's a crap shoot. Pick the board with the features you need, for the price you can afford, and hope for the best.
http://folding.stanford.edu
Fight disease using your computer

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
6 months ago#4
I am now thinking of getting a gigabyte X470 with a ryzen 2700 (and overclock it). I like the look of the X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi. I will read the reviews on the 19th 1st though. I'm currently deciding between the ASUS and the Gigabyte motherboards.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: Pox

Pox
6 months ago#5
I'd definitely go with one of the new Ryzen 2 mobos, since memory compatibility was hit or miss with the 1st gen.
Hokay so, here is ze Gamefaqs...

User Info: hyperpowder

hyperpowder
6 months ago#6
robert43s posted...
I am now thinking of getting a gigabyte X470 with a ryzen 2700 (and overclock it). I like the look of the X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi. I will read the reviews on the 19th 1st though. I'm currently deciding between the ASUS and the Gigabyte motherboards.

That's also the One I'm eyeing
Whoever beats my score I will give them a $10 PSN or Live card:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpiorAx40GY

User Info: strat10

strat10
6 months ago#7
EtherealEidolon posted...
I have heard that MSI produce lower quality motherboards than Asus so I guess the Strix would be the way to go assuming these claims are true

Odd I have MSI X399 for my 1950x build and it was better experience than my Asus with Intel.
Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the best motherboard for Ryzen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived