This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bought a game on G2A and it is USED ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bought a game on G2A and it is USED ?

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
5 months ago#21
I once had an used steam key from g2a and just used paypal dispute to get my money back, because the seller didnt contact me at all to make things right.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
5 months ago#22
captsplatter_1 posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
CloneTheHero posted...
dont they offer insurance for these kinds of things?

The fact you need to pay money to ensure the thing you bought actually works should tip you off as to what kind of site you're dealing with.

You notice G2A doesn't make much of an effort to combat the stolen goods and such. Oh but they'll gladly make money selling you "insurance" to protect your purchase.

Only problem I ever had was getting a key that was for a different game in the same franchise. Lots of reasons insurance could be there aside from G2A wanting to rip people off, it is expensive though, I won't make an argument there. I'd recommend recording every key you cash just in case. Also Steam almost revoked my refund ability for refunding too many games in a short window even though the issue was due to technical problems (glitches) and not ripping off the system. The reason they used isn't stipulated in their ToS, which means Steam refunds is less free insurance then most people are aware of. Gamestop sells insurance in case discs get damaged.

People like grilling G2A specifically sometimes but beyond Steam potentially mass revoking all thirdparty keys at some point in the future, it hasn't been proven that they're operating differently from most media outlets.

Its not like we can buy the PC games physically, so what can we do. Although I heard GOG won't revoke your keys who knows.

GOG doesn't use DRM on most all of their games (NWN1 online and Two Worlds coop needed cd keys though for examples), but they could remove games from being downloaded and/or shut down entirely. As long as you keep the DRM free installers backed up then yeah you're fine.

What you can do is choose to not game. Lol I know. That's why they win.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: CloneTheHero

CloneTheHero
5 months ago#23
Dragon Nexus posted...
CloneTheHero posted...

The fact you need to pay money to ensure the thing you bought actually works should tip you off as to what kind of site you're dealing with.

You notice G2A doesn't make much of an effort to combat the stolen goods and such. Oh but they'll gladly make money selling you "insurance" to protect your purchase.

as i said, out of my dozen or so purchases off that site ive never had a problem. will definitely continue shopping there. stolen goods? lol typical fear mongering... i doubt g2a would be allowed to sponsor some of these big gaming tournaments if they had any kind of association with criminal activity.

1. a game costs 25 euros in a poor country.
2. the same game costs 60 euros in a first world country.

they farm keys in poor countries and mark them up ever so slightly to sell to regions where pricing is much higher.

as for their customer service theyre under no obligation to give you your money back. this isnt kmart lmao... most of these sellers are from foreign countries. shopping there comes at a risk that these greasy russians wont give you a refund. but for the amount you save there the extra buck or two for insurance its STILL dirt cheap and worth it, blows away steam sales. get insurance or shop somewhere else. that simple. no need to fear monger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/laughter.gif

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
5 months ago#24
Dragon Nexus posted...
CloneTheHero posted...

No you don't need to pay money. You get customer support regardless of G2A Shield or not. They actually do work with devs to combat stolen keys. But that would require you actually looking into the matter and not just repeating the same s*** everyone does when G2A comes up.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
5 months ago#25
G2A's done me wrong once or twice too, I don't f*** with that s*** anymore. As no one should.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
5 months ago#26
ironman2009 posted...
G2A sucks. Just save up your money til you can get from steam/GOG/greenman
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Senbonzakura Miku, Priestess Snow Miku, Bjorn+Linlin

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
5 months ago#27
Monopoman posted...
ironman2009 posted...
G2A sucks. Just save up your money til you can get from steam/GOG/greenman
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3099-5529

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
5 months ago#28
Never bought from g2a but AI have used cdkeys a few times with no issues. I've also bought a few keys on eBay without issues.

User Info: WhatHappened

WhatHappened
5 months ago#29
Sir_Haxor posted...
Never had a problem with G2A.
https://imgur.com/TQFBnIj
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4 (3DS), World of Final Fantasy (Steam)

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
5 months ago#30
MELENTIA posted...
Never bought from g2a but AI have used cdkeys a few times with no issues. I've also bought a few keys on eBay without issues.

I think CDkeys doesn't have the issue of you not getting your key, its more how they obtain those keys is questionable. But ya not as bad as G2A.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bought a game on G2A and it is USED ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived