This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was I thinking buying a PS4 for just a handful of exclusive games ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was I thinking buying a PS4 for just a handful of exclusive games ?

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#41
I just got an Xbox One X + extra Xbox One controller myself for $368, but I didn't get it because of exclusives. I got it because the price of gpus(1070's and 1080's in particular) and rams on PCs have skyrocketed to twice or more the price it was early last year, so paying half the price of a gpu for the most powerful console in the market, seems to be a good deal for me.

This way I can play newer games on the One X in 4KHDR resolution, while waiting for the price of gpus to return to more reasonable levels. It can also play enhanced games that can either provide increased resolution of up to 4K or increased performance at 60fps.

I also saved myself $100 having to buy a 4K HDR blu ray player since the console can serve that function. The extra Xbox One controller I now use for my gaming PC.

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
1 month ago#42
FireDrakeZ posted...
You can play almost all of those PS3 and PS4 games on your gaming PC via the PSNow gaming service

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/

You just need a good internet plan since all the games are going to be streamed.

Be aware though, their FAQ says you do need a DS4 controller to play PS Now games on PC. Clearly says there's no support for M/KB or Xbox controller.

so make sure you purchase DS4 controller (and the optional wireless adapter), then check out their 7 day trial

if you end up not liking it, the controller is still worth it for PC games
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#43
MrXGamer posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...
You can play almost all of those PS3 and PS4 games on your gaming PC via the PSNow gaming service

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/

You just need a good internet plan since all the games are going to be streamed.

Be aware though, their FAQ says you do need a DS4 controller to play PS Now games on PC. Clearly says there's no support for M/KB or Xbox controller.

so make sure you purchase DS4 controller (and the optional wireless adapter), then check out their 7 day trial

if you end up not liking it, the controller is still worth it for PC games

Thanks with more than a 1700 game backlog on PC, I doubt I will have the time to play on PSNow. I just brought it up for the TC.

I already have 2 Xbox 360 and 2 Xbox One controllers that I can use for the PC if needed. All came with the consoles I bought it with and all of which were natively recognized by Windows 10 on my PC.

Thanks for the info though. I will keep it in mind if I ever decide I will want to try the PSNow service in the future.

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
1 month ago#44
neroAngelo posted...
Kano92 posted...
God of War
inFamous: Second Son
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Uncharted
Destiny
killzone
Ratchet & Clank

I'd think with that list Spiderman would be on there. But even that list alone is a decent size and enough to be worth getting the console for.

I agree the trailer for PS4 Spiderman is one of the best I have ever seen, I am not 100% going to buy that game but if the reviews back up how good that game looks I will lay down my money to get that game quickly. The studio behind it is also very strong, so my hopes are pretty damn high.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Senbonzakura Miku, Priestess Snow Miku, Bjorn+Linlin

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
1 month ago#45
If you have the coin and are not budgeting then go for it.

I'm considering one myself just for persona 5, but for one game, not worth it in my eyes.
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#46
i'm thinking about getting a used PS4 and a used copy of God of War 4 when i move.

depends how much i can get them for. Was thinking about Horizon as well but f*** aiming with a controller

If i can get Youtube, Netflix and Plex running on it i MIGHT replace my HTPC with it
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
1 month ago#47
if you bought a ps4 for exclusives not named bloodborne then you’re a casual
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: Jaime_Benn

Jaime_Benn
1 month ago#48
sherudons posted...
If you have the coin and are not budgeting then go for it.

I'm considering one myself just for persona 5, but for one game, not worth it in my eyes.

If you buy it just for Persona 5, buying a PS3 + Persona 5 is the cheaper option. Pretty much the same game except it's not 1080p

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#49
Don't forget

Yakuza 0 and 2 and 6 coming this month on the 17th. Well 6 is.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM GeForce GTX FTW 1080 8GB

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#50
IVe had mine for around 3 years now I don’t think I’ve really even played it in the last 7 months really. I’ve only turned it on to use as a blu Ray player.

I’m just to backlogged on pc to really get around to playing it and I have some games like blood Bourne and others that I haven’t even played yet.

I got a switch as well 7 weeks ago and beat Zelda and never even got around to playing Xenoblade 2 yet. I think I’m just doin to sell it it’s just to hard now a days especially with the backlog u build on pc.

I’m probably just going to skip the ps5.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was I thinking buying a PS4 for just a handful of exclusive games ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived