This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FPS don't require skill

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FPS don't require skill

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
6 months ago#1
The little kids need to stop dreaming that this genre require skill. It's all about strategy around the netcode(learning curve, peeking, lag switch, packet drops) & 100% luck.

Lan games streamed are staged. I don't feel to explain how boring it would look if it wasn't.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
6 months ago#2
Unfortunately for you trolling does require skill, skill which you lack.
Yeah I got faith, but sometimes fear it just weighs too much,
I don't want to feel, cold winds blowing through me like an empty touch.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
6 months ago#3
Depends on which FPS you play. Many fps games incorporate strategies that do take skill to utilize correctly. Often times it's just clever game play such as using distractions in combination with a good ambush spot if you know the enemy is coming to you and have time to hide.
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

Mr kitty
6 months ago#4
As you play & get good at it. A massive amount of the kill are due to lag compensation & netcode abuse with peeking. Except for that I see no relation to skill.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun & funny at time. But it's casual 100% luck based which is fun.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
6 months ago#5
Orestes417 posted...
Unfortunately for you trolling does require skill, skill which you lack.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
6 months ago#6
https://i.imgur.com/9KTkZgt.jpg
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
6 months ago#7
Your post is a 2/10 try at best.
If you really think that, then you're deluded.
But you're an old fart with anime girl as your profile picture, so that was excpected.

As for the netcode, most modern games are s***.

I just couldn't believe when I read that games like Battlefield had 32tickrate.
On the other hand, every good CSGO player expects 128.

The only FPS games I recognize as hard are CSGO and arena shooters like Quake.
Everything else, especially yearly release garbage shooters, is terrible.

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
6 months ago#8
GunmaN1905 posted...
I just couldn't believe when I read that games like Battlefield had 32tickrate

Depends on the server.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

Mr kitty
6 months ago#9
GunmaN1905 posted...

Damn you even admit that fact. If you understand how the netcode work, you automatically end up in the high score.

You simply wait to hear footstep & peek, that's all. Increasing the tick rate only make the hitbox working better, but you only use the same tactic.

Do you know the meaning of scrub in fighting games? Yep. that's all shooty is about.

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
6 months ago#10
Mr kitty posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...

Damn you even admit that fact. If you understand how the netcode work, you automatically end up in the high score.

You simply wait to hear footstep & peek, that's all. Increasing the tick rate only make the hitbox working better, but you only use the same tactic.

Do you know the meaning of scrub in fighting games? Yep. that's all shooty is about.

I always say that most modern games are s*** when it comes to learning curve and skill ceiling, but you're putting all FPS games into the same basket. I don't care about battlefields, call of duties and such garbage, as I already said.

Rest of the post... wtf?
What are you even talking about?
You hear footstep and peek? What does that have to do with the damn netcode?
Learn to move silently if you don't want your opponents to ambush you? Learn to pre-aim the angle where your opponent is going to peek from?

Tickrate doesn't improve hitboxes. But improves the timing of your shots.
More ticks = faster communication with the server, better accuracy with data transfer and therefore better information displayed on the screen.
And hitbox improvement happens because shots are registered better, not because hitboxes don't work on low tickrate. The timing is off, that's not a hitbox issue.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FPS don't require skill

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived