This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man I miss games like Final Fantasy tactics and shining force 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Man I miss games like Final Fantasy tactics and shining force 2

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
3 months ago#41
Pelaaja82 posted...
dragon504 posted...
Valkyria Chronicles is good.

It is amazing and the part 4 is coming pretty soon for ps4.

And that makes me wonder why Sega is ignoring PC for the moment.

Didn't they say VP1 on PC sold WELL above expectations? So why are they skipping PC? I don't understand Japanese companies. :/
http://imgur.com/u92u6GV | http://imgur.com/X0BkK4G
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
3 months ago#42
MarceloSampaio posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...
dragon504 posted...

Didn't they say VP1 on PC sold WELL above expectations? So why are they skipping PC? I don't understand Japanese companies. :/

I think the pc will come later as a superior version compared to the consoles ones.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: Kenny_Mayne

Kenny_Mayne
3 months ago#43
MarceloSampaio posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...
dragon504 posted...

Because selling games at $20 or less cheapens the brand. It did irreparable damage to the ip. No pc buyers will ever buy the new game at $60
Original #1 seahawks fan est. 2013. Not changing sig until they move the seahawks, mariners, sounders to Oklahoma City

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
3 months ago#44
Battle Brothers
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: red_robin

red_robin
3 months ago#45
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is similar to a tactical RPG but with a strategy twist. It's very good. There are tons of games of that genre as well, like Age of Wonders 3.

Xcom 2 is a LOT of fun. It's also a lot more difficult/tactical as well. Also with a strategic campaign surrounding it.

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
3 months ago#46
syndicator posted...
is Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together any good..? its on the PsP

final fantasy tactics is basically the follow up to let us cling together. they have the same director.

ElDudorino posted...
The PSP game is a remake of an older game of the same name. A lot of people really like the PSP version but for myself I greatly preferred the original. For one thing, I hate how they handled building your characters in the PSP version. But yeah, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (the original) is my favorite SRPG ever, so...

yeah i liked the original better. the psp version was more grindy. i liked it better when classes had their weapon types they were good with by default.

topic creator did you ever play the shining force 3 games? theres 3 of them plus a bonus disc thats just boss fights with enemies from 1 and 2 remade in 3d along with the part 3 enemies. only the first game was released in english but there are translation patches for scenario 2 and 3.
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

User Info: syndicator

syndicator
3 months ago#47
I have not played shining force 3...what platform is it on..?

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 months ago#48
syndicator posted...
I have not played shining force 3...what platform is it on..?

Sega Saturn
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
3 months ago#49
saturn I think
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: kaufmaniac

kaufmaniac
3 months ago#50
Well i'm playing Agarest:Generations Of War and...i think you might like it but just a warning the game can be quite hard.Even tho is a Japanese game.You won't have easy boss fights.For example i'm at the end and the boss fights have been brutal.I had to take notes and think a lot about my characters position in the map unless i want them to get slaughtered in a few turns.

If you play it always remember this two tips:
1.Position your tanks in front of the bosses in a way they can reach your casters
2.Think of the title stuff as if they were quests in a normal RPG.Try to get those titles unless you want to have problems later on.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Man I miss games like Final Fantasy tactics and shining force 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived