This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD should make Graphics Cards that can crossfire with the Vega iGPUs.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD should make Graphics Cards that can crossfire with the Vega iGPUs.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#1
It'd be an amazing value. A lot of new PC gamers are likely getting the R3 2200G and R5 2400G because GPU prices are through the roof with the intent of upgrading to a discreet Card when prices drop. Imagine something like an RX 560 that basically becomes a 570 or even 580 when paired with a Ryzen APU.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#2
but the iGPU isn't that great, so you'd be buying something like the 1030 in the hopes that it can become a 1050 Ti which is still pretty weak. and plus not all games support crossfire it's a bit of a pickle.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#3
You mean doing something like the integrated graphics would handle the gamework stuff and the dedicated GPU does the rest. That would be cool.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: phantasy

phantasy
4 weeks ago#4
You can already do this with last generation APUs. But only with the low end cards
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
4 weeks ago#5
I've heard the Intel + Vega APU one (will they call it APU) is capable doing like 1060 performance. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#6
hardy3786 posted...
I've heard the Intel + Vega APU one (will they call it APU) is capable doing like 1060 performance. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

Sounds about right. Should be great for laptop users.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 weeks ago#7
They did that last time and it was pretty awful. You could get triple the performance out of a 750ti/260x and FM2 socketed Athlon that you could out of a 7850k and r5 250 for less money. This doesn't take into account the uneven frame times that made your framerate feel even lower than it was. I was considering buying a setup like that for my bedroom just because I thought it was a cool idea and wanted to play with it but I couldn't find anyone who seemed to know what they were talking about who seemed happy with their purchase.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 weeks ago#8
hardy3786 posted...

It's not an APU, it's just an intel CPU+IGP like their normal desktop/mobile products, then a Vega GPU that kicks in when you need more performance. It's kind of interesting what they did but it's not what TC is asking for.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 weeks ago#9
When you have a high end graphics card waiting for a slow GPU, you end up losing performance. This is why APU Hybrid Crossfire while good for budget gaming, would not be good for high end gaming. I haven't used APU's since the 5,000 series so things may be different.
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#10
PhilOnDez posted...
hardy3786 posted...

It's not an APU, it's just an intel CPU+IGP like their normal desktop/mobile products, then a Vega GPU that kicks in when you need more performance. It's kind of interesting what they did but it's not what TC is asking for.

Actually, their normal products would qualify as "APU". This is a bit different, as it's two separate chips that share a highspeed interconnect via a common substrate.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD should make Graphics Cards that can crossfire with the Vega iGPUs.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived