This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I wait to build a pc?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I wait to build a pc?

User Info: zinezinzadan

zinezinzadan
6 months ago#1
Is there a new generation of GPUs, RAM, CPUs all around the corner? Or what is currently available is pretty much it for the next year?

Edit: I want a pc for gaming and video editing. Looking to start a YouTube channel.
i7 6700k @ 4.0GHz / Z170 Extreme 6 SUPER / EVGA GTX1080 / SSD 850 Evo / 2TB HDD / Cooler Master Hyper 2012 EVO
(message deleted)

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
6 months ago#3
Judging by what everyone is saying... it doesn't matter how long you wait so long as cyrpto currency / mining is a thing, we will see inflated prices.

That being said, no matter what the situation, you always have to wait a bit for deals or sales. Thats just how it is... on a new computer though from scratch, that can take a long while.
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

zinezinzadan
6 months ago#4
fallen_acolyte posted...
Judging by what everyone is saying... it doesn't matter how long you wait so long as cyrpto currency / mining is a thing, we will see inflated prices.

That being said, no matter what the situation, you always have to wait a bit for deals or sales. Thats just how it is... on a new computer though from scratch, that can take a long while.

Price wise I guess I’m screwed, the crypto **** ain’t going away any time soon. Digital currency is only gna get bigger as we advance our civilization. So if I’m not gna get the same prices ever again, I’ll live with that.

Next battle, how recently did the latest video cards, ram, and processors come out? Few months ago? Or a year ago? Wondering if I should wait for the new gen of hardware or just go to micro center today and buy it.

Edit: how often does new gen hardware come out? Annually, or every 2 years?
i7 6700k @ 4.0GHz / Z170 Extreme 6 SUPER / EVGA GTX1080 / SSD 850 Evo / 2TB HDD / Cooler Master Hyper 2012 EVO

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
6 months ago#5
zinezinzadan posted...
Edit: I want a pc for gaming and video editing. Looking to start a YouTube channel

You’ve got an i7 and a 1080, why can’t you do gaming and video editing now? I’ve edited 1080p video on integrated graphics before. You shouldn’t have any problem starting a YouTube channel today, right now.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

zinezinzadan
6 months ago#6
ClunkerSlim posted...
zinezinzadan posted...
Edit: I want a pc for gaming and video editing. Looking to start a YouTube channel

You’ve got an i7 and a 1080, why can’t you do gaming and video editing now? I’ve edited 1080p video on integrated graphics before. You shouldn’t have any problem starting a YouTube channel today, right now.

The real reason is I built that PC with my brother. I wan’t him to keep it, that way when I move out I have my own toys. The other reason is that I read an online guide for video editing, and they highly recommended at least 32GB RAM, and an 8 core. They said you’ll be fine with 4core 16GBRAM, but you really want the first. I have no experience with this so I can’t comment. But thank you for sharing, maybe I don’t need an 8 core after all.

Also I own an Xbox One X, so I wanted to purchase the Elgato 4K card and record Xbox 4k. Thatll get some views! I hope.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
6 months ago#7
zinezinzadan posted...
I read an online guide for video editing, and they highly recommended at least 32GB RAM, and an 8 core.

🙄 I mean, I guess. If you’re freaking Casey Neistat and doing professional grade 4K video AND you’re trying to get a ton of videos out on a tight schedule. Better specs certainly help. But I can’t say you NEED that for YouTube.

zinezinzadan posted...
Also I own an Xbox One X, so I wanted to purchase the Elgato 4K card and record Xbox 4k. Thatll get some views! I hope.

It probably won’t. I’ve seen other creators make a switch to 4K and their views didn’t change at all. In fact, I checked awhile ago and Pewdiepie was still uploading in 720p. I don’t know if that’s laziness or if that’s a method to his madness. I’d say a majority of people are viewing YouTube on mobile devices and possibly using cellular data. Two instances where 4K video isn’t necessarily your friend. So how many people are actually seeking out 4K video and is it worth catering to them if its going to cost you money? I don’t know. But if I were going to start a 4K YouTube channel then I’d certainly look into it.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

zinezinzadan
6 months ago#8
Hmm excellent point.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I wait to build a pc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived