This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reasons Why Fortnite is better than PUBG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Reasons Why Fortnite is better than PUBG

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
4 months ago#11
I definately think I'm starting to show my age a bit (I'm 32), I'm pretty open minded when it comes to videogames and am willing to try most things but I just don't get these battle royale games and I'm obviously in the minority here since they are so popular. I'll admit to never trying them, but there is zero appeal for me surely it's just the same thing over and over? It's almost like it's gone back to a basic, bare bones experience, which is maybe why it gets it's hooks into so many people.

I could name hundreds of games I'd rather play than either. Maybe I should give one a go though, see what the fuss is about.
PLAYING - Nier Automata (PS4), Ratchet & Clank (PS4), Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 months ago#12
Somato posted...
those games are crap. The entire genre is crap

I find it odd that it's a genre.

It's like if someone came out with "FLAG CAPTURE: BATTLEGROUNDS" and all it was was capture the flag over and over and over.

Like...battle royale feels like something you'd add as a multiplayer feature. Like horde mode or something.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#13
as mentioned, Free to Play on its own is no bonus. you don't need a beast PC to run PUBG, beast PC's have issues running it well, although recent patches have made it a hell of a lot better. Optimizations is the same thing as #2. who gives a flying f*** about loot box prices, why are you buying them instead of selling them on the steam marketplace? #5 i can't speak to, i don't know how many maps and features they're s***ting out in fortnite but PUBG gets new features every month or so.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: hokkendire

hokkendire
4 months ago#14
MY only problem with fortnite is that it is a shotgunfest
| i7 7770K| MSI z270 M3 | 980ti | 16gb DDR4@3600| Oculus Rift
Steam: DatDudeCorks

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
4 months ago#15
hokkendire posted...

At least shotguns work in Fortnite, in PUBG you have to rely on RNG with all the shotguns unless the enemy is right in your face.

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
4 months ago#16
Dragon Nexus posted...
Somato posted...
those games are crap. The entire genre is crap

I find it odd that it's a genre.

It's like if someone came out with "FLAG CAPTURE: BATTLEGROUNDS" and all it was was capture the flag over and over and over.

Like...battle royale feels like something you'd add as a multiplayer feature. Like horde mode or something.

it is a genre.

you know competitive 2D fighting started out as a side mode (like in Double Dragon, vs. mode was a side mode on console, not the core game). it wasn't until games like Karate Champ that the fighting genre began to treat player vs player fighting as a main genre, then Street Fighter and SFII learned from Karate Champ, and Yie Ar Kung Fu's diversity of characters, and took things further to establish the PVP fighting genre as mainstream.

so battle royale as H1Z1, PUBG and Fortnite BR has it, counts as its own genre.

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
4 months ago#17
hokkendire posted...

About time a dev preferred shotguns, god forbid they have a effective range over 8feet.

But anyway, the map is huge so long range weapons have plenty of time to shine.

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
4 months ago#18
I am currently loving fortnite and hope to get the chance to play pubg sometime.

User Info: GENERALJA0

GENERALJA0
4 months ago#19
GeminiX7 posted...
-CJF- posted...
I haven't played either game, but I fail to see why Free to Play is a good thing. If you aren't paying money to play they have to be getting money somehow?

Yeah, from cosmetics that don't affect gameplay.

There are plenty of articles and videos explaining why paying for cosmetics is just as bad as paying for gameplay.

I have no interest in fortnite but standing buy and saying one is okay and not the other is part of the problem.
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 months ago#20
but I can't play with my Chinese friends in Fortnite...

honestly I'll be more interested in their horde/survival mode when it goes FTP
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Reasons Why Fortnite is better than PUBG

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived