This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is still alive, but most genres that made PC gaming great are dying...
(message deleted)

User Info: celebar

celebar
8 months ago#52
^lmao enjoy your vacation

Thanks mods 👍
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
8 months ago#53
Izicial posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
I feel like mmos are not dying. And LoL is an rts. And pugb is basically an arena shooter. So the three biggest games are in the 3 biggest genres.

MOBAs are not RTS games........

No but LoL is an RTS game. It's also a new genre, a MOBA.
Dota and LoL have their roots in RTS. Dota is literally a mod for an RTS.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
8 months ago#54
League of Legends handles similarly to games like Warcraft 3 and it makes sense given that it is based on a WC3 map (DotA). But the "strategy" part usually refers to managing bases and an army, rather than a single unit. It's a bit generous to call LoL an RTS even if its controls are based on RTS games and it requires you to be strategic.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
8 months ago#55
REALLY hate that MOBA's have replaced RTS's.
bloop

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
8 months ago#56
LoL is not even remotely an RTS. What the hell is wrong with you people
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
8 months ago#57
Like everything games evolve so do the styles of that said game.

Nothing lasts forever
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM GeForce GTX FTW 1080 8GB

User Info: BannanaBomb2002

BannanaBomb2002
8 months ago#58
We're sitting on the 17th release of Skyrim and it will be nearly as long as between the gap of Morrowind and Skyrim before we maybe even get a new Elder Scrolls if that. Skyrim is lazy as f*** design as it is.

AAA Devs really couldn't give a f*** anymore and have gotten too big for themselves. Few companies take risks anymore or develop anything original due to financial risks. It's not just a problem with PC gaming as well. Maybe even Hollywood. Producers are dumb as f*** now and will milk the s*** out of a franchise until its in the grave.
(message deleted)

User Info: celebar

celebar
8 months ago#60
@yohabroha just saw your account's on probation lol ;[

Guess you better be careful for a while so you don't end up in purgatory haha lol ;[[😩😩😩
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is still alive, but most genres that made PC gaming great are dying...
  • Topic Archived