This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is still alive, but most genres that made PC gaming great are dying...

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
1 year ago#11
LaManoNeraII posted...
Total War is like the only RTS series that's still thriving. Blizzard is doing a good job supporting SC but where the hell is WC4? We'll probably never get an actual Warcraft product again.

Age of Empires 4 has me excited but it seems too good to be true

WC4 is a pipe dream, even I would like it but as long as they can keep kicking over wow, they have no reason to do it, really should have made wow and warcraft run in sync telling the campaigns and side stories in both.

Starcraft is more or less finished barring a spin off revive of say ghost I doubt there will be anything past another remaster shovel.

I don't think there is a series that truly interests me this gen, cyberpunk might be good.
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 year ago#12
RTS - I remember enjoying Age of Empires II and Stronghold Crusader on my dad's computer back in the day, but nowadays I almost never play "pure" RTSs. Mainly games like Pikmin and Brutal Legend that blend RTS with other genres.

MMORPG - I used to play Runescape and WoW whenever I could back when MMOs were still a novelty. I haven't played an MMO since I was a teenager.

Point 'n' Click Adventure Games - Does the SNES version of Shadowrun count? That's about the only one I ever really played.

Arena FPS - Never cared for most FPSs in general. The Metroid Prime Trilogy is the only "FPS" I truly enjoyed.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: red_robin

red_robin
1 year ago#13
RPGs are what made pc gaming great. RTS, strategy games in general are still thriving and great. RPGs have gone downhill but thankfully games like pillars of Eternity and divinity as keeping them alive.

User Info: AceTheFace

AceTheFace
1 year ago#14
Can't post stuff like this from all the kids that now play video games and have no idea how good games use to be before they played and flocked to twitch to follow streamers like a cult.

There was a big MMO coming out every 3 months they just never could live up to WoW or SWG's.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 year ago#15
HeliosMagi posted...

Point 'n' Click Adventure Games - Does the SNES version of Shadowrun count? That's about the only one I ever really played..

I am pretty sure that's not in the genre. It's more of an action RPG.

That said, I think many of my fave genres have dropped in quality (point and click adventures, SHMUPs, simulations, etc). There are some good ones here and there, but overall it's rather depressing IMO. Luckily pinball is better now than previously. SHMUPs didn't start on PC though, I don't think.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
1 year ago#16
Arena FPS is increasing in scope, though largely subsumed by the Battle Royale and MOBA-esque subgenres.

MMORPG is still going fairly strong.

Fair point on the rest though.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 year ago#17
subtract mmorpg and arena fps because they're not what made PC gaming great they were the start of the slope.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.
(message deleted)

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
1 year ago#19
No PC gaming is dying...I saw it earlier on here.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: celebar

celebar
1 year ago#20
Dirk85UK posted...
RTS
MMORPG
Point 'n' Click Adventure Games
Arena FPS

Now it's all about military style FPS and MOBA's.

Well to be fair mmo's and point n clicks were never good to begin with

And to the people who keep tagging me in threads and deleting the posts so I can't see who they are, you should know that I'm hiring a hacker from 4chan or perhaps somewhere else to find out who you are and when I do I will list the names in a thread so everyone knows what you did. I hope it was worth it.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is still alive, but most genres that made PC gaming great are dying...
  • Topic Archived