This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RAM is too expensive!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. RAM is too expensive!

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
6 months ago#11
captsplatter_1 posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...
So are GPUs and so are CPUs. Forcing me to re-consider my planned new build in 2019. I might have to go back to console peasantry full time.

CPUs are probably the least hit. Its mainly GPUs and RAM. I would keep an eye out for bundles, since they might put GPU's and such behind a CPU bundle to kind of prevent some miners gobbling them up. Then again they are making mint with miners on their GPUs. But ya bundles are your best bet. I Imagine something like the new i9s being bundled with the 2000 GPU series cards. Also you got a PS4? That's my main console.

Thanks. Yeah PS4 and Switch, I play the PS4 the most (by far) as my friends all play it. I started building my own gaming PCs in 2010 and I loved it, but my life has moved on and I find it hard to justify dropping £2000 on a new build these days when the PS4 Pro and Switch being a worse, but acceptable experience. I've also bought a house with my partner in the past year and we are doing it up which costs, so buying a mammoth PC is not the drop in the ocean it used to be.

My current PC still has a lot of legs in it yet though, 4790k, 16GB DDR3, x2 1TB SSD, 980ti - hopefully prices will settle a bit by the time I get fed up with the capability of my current build.
PLAYING - Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS), Secret of Mana (PS4)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: Radar

Radar
6 months ago#12
captsplatter_1 posted...
cow1578 posted...
I'm out of the loop, why is RAM so expensive?

In short smart phones. The RAM prices are never going to go back down, best we can hope for is they top off. GPU prices are worse.

Thanks. I bought my GPU (1070) back when it was $370 and I checked the CPU and RAM prices for my (eventual) upgrade and the CPU price was about the same if not lower now, but the GPU doubled and the RAM tripled.
Bring back v12!
PSN/Steam/Uplay: Action_Slacks

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
6 months ago#13
I picked up 8gb of DDR3 ram back in the day for 32 bucks, I paid 56 recently for the same stick of ram. It honestly doesn't bother me that much. It's a small price to pay for double the ram. I'm gonna be using this rig for at least another 2-3 years depending on market prices and security flaws, there's no reason I should be upset about pricing when its only going to get more expensive.
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
6 months ago#14
I'm being cheap when it comes to pc now because of the inflated market.. I can afford to do whatever I want entertainment wise pretty much, but f*** overpaying for s***
Combo Master

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
6 months ago#15
In other news, the sky is blue, grass is green, and water is wet. We'll return to "Blindingly Obvious Tonight" after a word from our sponsors.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. RAM is too expensive!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived