This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA isn't making a single dollar on the upcoming game A Way Out.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA isn't making a single dollar on the upcoming game A Way Out.

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#1
https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/14/a-way-out-earnings-ea/

“Here’s the thing, and you have to understand this: with this deal that I have for this game, EA is not making a single dollar out of this,” Fares explained in an interview with The Sixth Axis. “Every single dollar is going to the developer. They’re not even making any money and all I’ve got is support from EA.

“They’ve not questioned the vision – they can’t because I won’t allow it – so they’ve been super supportive all the way. Even with this buy one [Friend Pass] thing, no problem.”

I would never expect this from EA.

User Info: triple s

triple s
1 month ago#2
ArcadeGuy posted...
https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/14/a-way-out-earnings-ea/

“Here’s the thing, and you have to understand this: with this deal that I have for this game, EA is not making a single dollar out of this,” Fares explained in an interview with The Sixth Axis. “Every single dollar is going to the developer. They’re not even making any money and all I’ve got is support from EA.

“They’ve not questioned the vision – they can’t because I won’t allow it – so they’ve been super supportive all the way. Even with this buy one [Friend Pass] thing, no problem.”

This is the case for all of their games that have this type of partnership.
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
1 month ago#3
ArcadeGuy posted...
I would never expect this from EA

Me either... probably because it’s most likely not true.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#4
ArcadeGuy posted...

Why not? EA did try hard to get the customer's goodwill few years back. They even did a Humble Bundle of games like Dead Space and others with keys redeemable on both Origin and Steam (you could have most games on BOTH, not choose one or the other) and all of the profits were split between Humble and charities, none went to EA.

There were other things they did, too, but I'm highlighting this as it's where they didn't profit from something. At that point they also did the returns for Origin, announced new partnership details for indies who wanted to publish their games on the platform and other stuff, all geared to make them look more benign. I'm not trying to be cynical here but it was clearly a PR thing, as things settled down after a while and they didn't do any other big similar things.

With the recent backlash from the new Battlefront game, they are probably starting another campaign. This is neither unexpected, nor strange. In fact, quite the opposite - EA are responsible for a big public reaction over loot boxes that grew into an even bigger thing with actual control organs involved. The resentment of EA is higher than it ever was since their last goodwill campaign and almost everything they do is scrutinised by the public feeding into the negativity. It's normal for them to not want to win the "worst company" award again, so it's entirely likely for them to do another round of public relations to smooth things up.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#5
The game likely won't make much money so I don't think EA is losing out on much. This "Friend Pass" deal could help the word-of-mouth push for the game, but typically these loud and obnoxious developers with edgy attitudes and antics tend to hurt the game sales rather than attract attention.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#6
That game looks kinda dumb. I'd be surprised if anyone is able to make a buck off it.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: AloysLoofah

AloysLoofah
1 month ago#7
I doubt it. He's probably just saying this in hopes that people buy the game. There's a massive hatred for EA right now so if he says they aren't making any money off the game people would consider buying it.
Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA isn't making a single dollar on the upcoming game A Way Out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived