This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I heard Black Ops 4 will be on Battle.net. This is a great thing right? On steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I heard Black Ops 4 will be on Battle.net. This is a great thing right? On steam

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
4 months ago#1
the CoD games are pretty much dead after a few weeks unlike the console versions which have tens of thousands 1+ years later. I hope having Black Ops 4 on Battle.net means a s*** ton of more players will be on and staying long term and also less cheating pos losers.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
4 months ago#2
Yeah i think blizzard is a lot more strict when it comes to cheating on their games using battle net might be a way forward for games like that.

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
4 months ago#3
This isn't Overwatch or even Destiny 2. CoD will still be dead even on there.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: Biceptual

Biceptual
4 months ago#4
Might be laughable - but the best option from a playerbase standpoint is probably the Windows Store - if they were to enable crossplay servers.
Steam: Biceptual | Bnet: Biceptual#1627 | FC: 3179-6963-0491
Origin: Biceptual0 | Twitch: Biceptual0

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
4 months ago#5
I don't see how it would be better. It's going to be Battle.net exclusive now? Well, I bet it has significantly less players than it would being on Steam. People on Battle.net want to play Blizzard games. I heard more grumbling than anything else when Destiny 2 was put on the Battle.net app. I don't think this would have any impact on cheaters either. I would think that having a VAC ban on your Steam account would be a bigger deterrent than anything.

User Info: Trelve

Trelve
4 months ago#6
What makes you think that more people will play the game on PC now that it's on battle.net? Surely it would be a hell of a lot less?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#7
moving a game to a client with less players = more people playing it

don't you guys know?

"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 months ago#8
ImaPC posted...
I don't see how it would be better. It's going to be Battle.net exclusive now? Well, I bet it has significantly less players than it would being on Steam. People on Battle.net want to play Blizzard games. I heard more grumbling than anything else when Destiny 2 was put on the Battle.net app. I don't think this would have any impact on cheaters either. I would think that having a VAC ban on your Steam account would be a bigger deterrent than anything.

It's flat out bad if you buy B.net balance with WoW gold.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 months ago#9
What CoD was it that launched on the Windows Store and there was like 5 people playing? Lol.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#10
Infinite warfare, which also launched on steam at the same time and for some inexplicable reason didn't support crossplay between the two.
Yeah I got faith, but sometimes fear it just weighs too much,
I don't want to feel, cold winds blowing through me like an empty touch.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I heard Black Ops 4 will be on Battle.net. This is a great thing right? On steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived