This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Witcher 3... regarding previous games..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Witcher 3... regarding previous games..

User Info: FRUITpatrol

FRUITpatrol
6 months ago#1
Really looking to get into the Witcher series. I’m trying to play through the original but I clearly can’t stomach it. I play for 10 minutes and just can’t anymore. Can’t exactly put my finger on why. I know how fantastic this series is and want to experience the whole thing. Any tips on getting through the game fast? Skip all side quests? I just want to blow through the first two so I can start the real masterpiece.

Also how long is a typical play through of both the Witcher and Witcher 2?

User Info: BootLoxes

BootLoxes
6 months ago#2
FRUITpatrol posted...
Really looking to get into the Witcher series. I’m trying to play through the original but I clearly can’t stomach it. I play for 10 minutes and just can’t anymore. Can’t exactly put my finger on why. I know how fantastic this series is and want to experience the whole thing. Any tips on getting through the game fast? Skip all side quests? I just want to blow through the first two so I can start the real

I believe there is an ign video that explains the story elements of the first two games which can catch you up for the final one
7700K 4.5GHZ | GTX 1070 | 16 GB RAM 3000MHZ | Samsung Evo 500GB | Asus Z170 A-R

FRUITpatrol
6 months ago#3
BootLoxes posted...
FRUITpatrol posted...
Really looking to get into the Witcher series. I’m trying to play through the original but I clearly can’t stomach it. I play for 10 minutes and just can’t anymore. Can’t exactly put my finger on why. I know how fantastic this series is and want to experience the whole thing. Any tips on getting through the game fast? Skip all side quests? I just want to blow through the first two so I can start the real

I believe there is an ign video that explains the story elements of the first two games which can catch you up for the final one

Thank you! Have you played the original 2? My only worry is that I’m seriously missing out if I don’t force myself through them :/ I’ve delved into two a little bit and it’s definetly a huge step above the first one.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
6 months ago#4
I have never completed W1, but tried to play it many hours and started playing W2 instead, didnt feel like it left anything out in regards of the storyline.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

FRUITpatrol
6 months ago#5
Pelaaja82 posted...
I have never completed W1, but tried to play it many hours and started playing W2 instead and didnt feel like it left anything out in regards of the storyline.

Awesome thank you. That is good to know!

User Info: axes2t2

axes2t2
6 months ago#6
If you really want to play the 1st Witcher coast through it on easy mode.

Or watch a story recap video of Witcher 1 and start directly from Witcher 2.
If a pizza has a radius 'Z' and depth 'A' then its Volume = Pi * Z * Z * A

FRUITpatrol
6 months ago#7
axes2t2 posted...
If you really want to play the 1st Witcher coast through it on easy mode.

Or watch a story recap video of Witcher 1 and start directly from Witcher 2.

How long would you say a typical playthrouh on easy would be?

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
6 months ago#8
Unfortunately, blasting through the witcher 1 means that you'll miss out on everything that makes the game so great. If it's really that unbearable then your best bet is to watch/read a summary of it.

2 is a mixed bag, and easily my least favorite of the series; that isn't to say it's not a great game, just compared to the other two it kind of falls a little short.

The only continuity between games you might miss is getting to know the supporting cast/name drops/references to events from previous games/books, none of which affect the narrative of the third game. It's more of a lore and world-building thing than anything else

FRUITpatrol
6 months ago#9
GTL581 posted...
Unfortunately, blasting through the witcher 1 means that you'll miss out on everything that makes the game so great. If it's really that unbearable then your best bet is to watch/read a summary of it.

2 is a mixed bag, and easily my least favorite of the series; that isn't to say it's not a great game, just compared to the other two it kind of falls a little short.

The only continuity between games you might miss is getting to know the supporting cast/name drops/references to events from previous games/books, none of which affect the narrative of the third game. It's more of a lore and world-building thing than anything else

Interesting. Thanks for this. I might just try to go deeper in number one to see what makes this game so great. I hear from everyone it’s just an excellent game. Maybe it’s the aging of the game that is turning me off? Definetly like all the characters and lore so far though.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
6 months ago#10
If you really don't feel like firing up the game yourself and figure out all the gameplay stuff(that change in major ways in each sequel) but neither wanna miss out on the story details, there are always the hundreds of playthroughs already existing on Youtube you can just watch instead, commented or non-commented.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Witcher 3... regarding previous games..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived