This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pc refusing to boot up

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Pc refusing to boot up

User Info: returnofbeans

returnofbeans
4 months ago#1
Specs in sig + windows 7

So it Black screened on me once about an hour ago. Thought it was strange but I just rebooted it. It black screened on me about 20 minutes ago again. The PC still has power during all this. Now This time the system turns on, all case fans, gpu fans and cpu fan turn on. No signal is going to my monitor. I got a powered air compressor and blew out all dust but no dice.

I was not playing any games. I was on amazon, as the last thing I remember.

Ideas?
Intel i5-4570 3.2Ghz / MSI Z87-G41 / MSI R9 390 gaming 8G / 2X4GB and 2X8GB RAM / 240GB SSD + 2TB+3TB HDD / MSI R9 390 gaming 8G / EVGA supernova 750W bronze

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 months ago#2
returnofbeans posted...
Specs in sig + windows 7

So it Black screened on me once about an hour ago. Thought it was strange but I just rebooted it. It black screened on me about 20 minutes ago again. The PC still has power during all this. Now This time the system turns on, all case fans, gpu fans and cpu fan turn on. No signal is going to my monitor. I got a powered air compressor and blew out all dust but no dice.

Ideas?

Bump.

Did you try unplugging and plugging in your GPU? You have IGPU on your processor, what's going on with the visuals? What is windows saying?
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: returnofbeans

returnofbeans
4 months ago#3
32x2z posted...
returnofbeans posted...
Specs in sig + windows 7

Ideas?

Bump.

Did you try unplugging and plugging in your GPU? You have IGPU on your processor, what's going on with the visuals? What is windows saying?

fixed it. i think my PC wasn't getting enough power. me and my brother both have our PC's on the same surge protector. once i plugged my PC to my own. it started up just like normal. this was a recent change. i'm just wondering why it's my PC that refused to start up and crash and not his.

to your question though. there were no visuals. it was just a black screen.
Intel i5-4570 3.2Ghz / MSI Z87-G41 / MSI R9 390 gaming 8G / 2X4GB and 2X8GB RAM / 240GB SSD + 2TB+3TB HDD / MSI R9 390 gaming 8G / EVGA supernova 750W bronze
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Pc refusing to boot up

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived