This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall 2 campaign was really good.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Titanfall 2 campaign was really good.

User Info: Sheershaw2

Sheershaw2
6 months ago#1
I picked it up for $5 when EA was having one of their sales for that store no one uses unless they really want to play an EA title.

It's easily worth the $5. Easily one of the most creative and varied single player FPS campaigns I've ever played.

Does anyone know if the multiplayer is still being played, and if it's any good?
i7 6700k | RX 580 4GB | 16 GB DDR4 3200 | 1080p 144hz Freesync
"Lord, grant me chastity and continence, but not yet" -St. Augustine of Hippo

User Info: MangorushZx

MangorushZx
6 months ago#2
Sheershaw2 posted...
Does anyone know if the multiplayer is still being played, and if it's any good?

Fired it up, last time I played which was in December had about 2,000+ players playing it, as small as it is, still easy to get into the game seeing how it's 5 vs 5 in the game or was it 6 vs 6? Can't quite remember but it was fun too on top of it.
My Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mangorushz

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
6 months ago#3
You should be able to find matches in Attrition pretty easily.

It is probably one of my favorite competitive shooters to date.

Just be warned that a lot of people who have stuck with it have gotten really, really good.

I got my buddy to play back in January, and while he loves the game and still plays, the first couple dozen of matches was brutal.

Ran into a lot of high-speed, one-shot snipers zooming around portions of the map he had no hope of getting too due to just learning the movement/momentum system.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-Mahatma Gandhi

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
6 months ago#4
Yeah it's still active enough to find games easily.

Just like others said, a lot of the people who stuck with the game are pretty damn good.

MP also works off a progression system, so you have to play to unlock weapons and everything. Luckily the lower level stuff seems to be pretty high tier.
Theres a little place where the sun sleeps late. Pours himself a shot of tequila.
Its a little place called Pleasure Island. Thats where Id like to feel ya.

User Info: Cryptarch

Cryptarch
6 months ago#5
I absolutely enjoyed the campaign albeit was quite short but very memorable. The flashback mission was just pure masterpiece quality.

User Info: Code 51 50

Code 51 50
6 months ago#6
What? No its not. I literally finished it 2 days ago. Its as boring and cliche as possible. Its basically Call of Duty with wall jumping and mechs. Campaign (only reason I purchased it) is extremely short at about 5 and a half hours at the 3rd difficulty setting.

Wall running gimmick was neat for the first hour, then it got extremely overused.
Orestes417 - "Do it essentially one handed all the time. Granted, I have had entirely too much practice."

User Info: builder111

builder111
6 months ago#7
I liked it, fast and fluid with some neat dynamics. Weapons were good. It was short, you'd get a new titan loadout and find the next one soon after.
caps

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
6 months ago#8
Bossdog421 posted...
Yeah it's still active enough to find games easily.

Just like others said, a lot of the people who stuck with the game are pretty damn good.

MP also works off a progression system, so you have to play to unlock weapons and everything. Luckily the lower level stuff seems to be pretty high tier.

Worth noting, once you unlock progression on a weapon, it stays unlocked to that level. If you regen (prestige) you'll have to unlock the weapon itself by leveling up again pr buying with credits, but your progression on it is permanent.

I play the game regularly, though I'm a fairly average player.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: USF

USF
6 months ago#9
It's ok. Took like 4.5 hours on Hard, with no replaybility and nothing really to write home about.There was one level that was ok, the rest were average and cliche.

As for the MP, it's absolute garbage. Unbalanced, horrible maps, garbage servers, awful fluctuating ping, etc...
Currently Playing: Stuff.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
6 months ago#10
I agree, I loved the game. My favorite shooter of 2016. All around good game.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Titanfall 2 campaign was really good.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived