This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PUBG is a much better game than Fornight Battle Royal

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG is a much better game than Fornight Battle Royal

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#1
Fortnight uses cel-shading to cheapen the visuals, map is MUCH smaller, no vehicles, and it's a direct copy of PUBG.

I'm surprised how popular this game got but being free is the only reason. If Fornight retailed $10 for BR it would flop.

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
1 month ago#2
-Who cares who copied who. It is about what is fun to play
-The smaller map could be a plus depending on your preferences. One of the knocks on PUBG is its slow pace.
-Neither game has impressive visuals. This is down to taste. I like the clean cartoony look better than PUBG's version of realistic visuals.

I play PUBG all the time. My friends prefer it. Personally I would rather play Fortnite. Especially when we get that huge desert map I just get bored and watch youtube videos while we play.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#3
Fact
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#4
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
-
-Neither game has impressive visuals. This is down to taste. I like the clean cartoony look better than PUBG's version of realistic visuals.

Battlegrounds visually looks next-gen compared to Fortnight on PC High/Ultra settings @ 4K.

User Info: polopili

polopili
1 month ago#5
There’s a lot of good reasons to prefer one game over the other yet TC does not cite any.

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
1 month ago#6
nope

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#7
ArcadeGuy posted...
Battlegrounds visually looks next-gen

PFFFFFTTTHHHH
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: hitokiri13

hitokiri13
1 month ago#8
I got PUBG and stop playing after 30 hours. Not many of my friends can't run it. Game gets boring without friends.

Fortnight is easy to run and it's free. lol
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. - Hannibal

User Info: AceTheFace

AceTheFace
1 month ago#9
Pubg is the worst optimized game ever made period.

User Info: hitokiri13

hitokiri13
1 month ago#10
AceTheFace posted...
Pubg is the worst optimized game ever made period.

I agree. I don't get why TC act like this isn't a problem. If you have majority of your friends that can't play it. That's an issue. It's not easy to miss why Fortnite got so popular. TC did you even play PUBG yourself?

I can't believe I wasted $60 on it (I got it for my cousin but he stop playing it) Where did the $390m (12m worth of sales) go to?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. - Hannibal
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG is a much better game than Fornight Battle Royal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived