This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your thoughts when it comes to multiplayer only FPS'?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are your thoughts when it comes to multiplayer only FPS'?

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
1 month ago#41
Tyranius2 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
CoD come out with single players they could probably drop and no-one would care much.

Not sure about the recent CoDs but MW2 has one of the best SP campaigns I've played and MW1 is sweet as well. Just an exception to the rule though.

CoD 1 & 2 had fun campaigns as well.

Also, specifically what do you think about Battlefront 2? People complained about no campaign with the first and we got one with the second and people complained about it.
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3099-5529

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#42
Synbios459 posted...
People complained about no campaign with the first and we got one with the second and people complained about it.

Likewise Bioshock, there was a vocal group who said "No multiplayer? No buy". So they added one for the sequel. And likely few of those people bought it.

Probably because those people weren't going to buy a narrative focused FPS in the first place, so catering to them by offering them a lesser version of something they already had wasn't going to bring them into the fold.

Likewise with Battlefront. BF3's campaign was not going to pull people in who enjoyed the CoD campaigns, for example. Especially with that annoying jet section that made you think something awesome was going to happen until your character got into the wrong part of the cockpit.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Suuns

Suuns
1 month ago#43
I'm from the 3rd camp, only singleplayer please.
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

User Info: Chosen_one_41

Chosen_one_41
1 month ago#44
I feel that when it comes to multiplayer and single player in FPS games you should do either but not both. All of my best FPS experiences have come from games that are multiplayer or single player only. It's better to do one thing really well then two things decently.
GameFAQs in a nutshell: https://youtu.be/bwvlbJ0h35A
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are your thoughts when it comes to multiplayer only FPS'?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived