This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats a good total war game for a total noob like me?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. whats a good total war game for a total noob like me?

User Info: lolamericans

lolamericans
7 months ago#1
last rts game i played was red alert 2 which was a decade ago, but i did try the demo for total war shogun and my god that was a nightmare, i cant remember if there was a difficulty setting, i think there was and i picked the easiest one and still got my ass kicked. these total war games look so fun though especially the tw warhammer games, so is there total war game for a loser like me?
http://i.imgur.com/gkWmYOU.gif

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
7 months ago#2
Shogun. The sega one. Its a great starting point and always on steam sales. They dont get any easier im afraid
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
7 months ago#3
Honestly warhammer is one is a lot more punishing and adds too much to keep track of if you are new to it, magic, hero's, ect.

I'd say shogun 2 as well, best showing for the series for visceral fun and would work as a learner for warhammer.
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
7 months ago#4
I'd say warhammer. It's the most fun i've had with a total war game ever. I wasn't really a big fan of the total war series, I am a fan of warhammer though.
Theres a little place where the sun sleeps late. Pours himself a shot of tequila.
Its a little place called Pleasure Island. Thats where Id like to feel ya.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
7 months ago#5
I also say Shogun 2.

Starting with the Rise of the Samurai expansion might be a little more forgiving since it features fewer unit types IIRC. (Fall of the Samurai being the opposite)
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-Mahatma Gandhi

User Info: NeilJWD

NeilJWD
7 months ago#6
Rome. Simple, cheap, enthralling.
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork.
I don't know what the goggles do, but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~ Dudeboy

User Info: loader963

loader963
7 months ago#7
Whichever time period you are more interested in. The formula and design is similar despite that. My favorites are the medieval and Rome ones.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: GBGGuy

GBGGuy
7 months ago#8
I'd say Warhammer, it has a lot of tutorials available online and the campaign gameplay is fairly simplified.

But honestly, pick whatever game you like, there is no Total War game that is noob-friendly.
Game and technology lover. Owner of http://gamebuyersguide.com - summarizing DLC, Editions and prices. Opinions my own.

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
7 months ago#9
The original Rome. Selfishly because it was my first and honestly, I think it's a good starter. Just go from there to the next games in the series after that.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
7 months ago#10
Rome 1 will teach you the basic bones of how to control stuff and deal with your economy, but it's super basic and easy...which might be a good thing. Shogun 2 is the best one but it can be tricky and the AI can be ruthless.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. whats a good total war game for a total noob like me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived