This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty Black Ops IIII to be Battle.Net exclusive, no Steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Call of Duty Black Ops IIII to be Battle.Net exclusive, no Steam

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
1 month ago#41
I always get 4 and 6 confused in Roman numerals, so I'd prefer if it were IIII. Alas I just don't use them whenever possible.

As for topic, I'm not buying it either way but despite Activision being with Blizzard for a while now, the Battlenet client always makes me think of fantasy based games, not real life war type.

User Info: ein311

ein311
1 month ago#42
MasteroftheArts posted...
ein311 posted...
Terantatek posted...
Did you write IIII? How old are you? It's IV.

Roman numerals are too difficult for CoD's fanbase, so they had to go with tally marks.

Damn it. Beat me to it.

I like to pick low hanging fruit
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#43
I hope this is true. I always feel compelled to own an entire series if it's on the platform. This way mentally I can be like "I'm good" and skip the PC version. I only play Blizzard's games on bnet. I plan on keeping it that way.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#44
johnny_pay posted...
actually it can be both iiii or iv

Then why isn't nine on the clock written as VIIII?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
1 month ago#45
Dragon Nexus posted...
johnny_pay posted...
actually it can be both iiii or iv

Then why isn't nine on the clock written as VIIII?

the one on the clocks are roman numerals, I think what they were trying to be clever with this new release and decided to use tally marks because maybe its symbolic or something.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#46
Steamroll posted...
the one on the clocks are roman numerals,

They're wrong roman numerals that's my point. Why does the clock list four as IIII instead of what it should be, five minus 1 depicted as IV...but at the same time they list nine correctly as ten minus one, aka IX, instead of VIIII
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
1 month ago#47
mrtywer posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
TC is from this era, apparently:
https://imgur.com/7icP1Lc

(Incidentally, am I the only one who hates using roman numerals? I CAN "read" them fine, but I don't understand WHY people use them in this day and age.)

That clock is wrong.
This is correct. Clock faces have had incorrect Roman numerals as an aesthetic choice for design purposes. A IIII carries more visual 'weight' to balance out the VIII of the 8'o'clock position, because IV does not take up as much space.

The weighting sounds like BS considering 11 / 1 and 5 / 7
Theres a little place where the sun sleeps late. Pours himself a shot of tequila.
Its a little place called Pleasure Island. Thats where Id like to feel ya.

User Info: Steamroll

Steamroll
1 month ago#48
Dragon Nexus posted...
Steamroll posted...

They're wrong roman numerals that's my point. Why does the clock list four as IIII instead of what it should be, five minus 1 depicted as IV...but at the same time they list nine correctly as ten minus one, aka IX, instead of VIIII

If your referring to the one image from earlier then yeah thats totally wrong thats either made bad or some photoshop because my clock has the right thing with IV listed properly as the 4.

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
1 month ago#49
the most epic mic drop topic

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#50
Steamroll posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Steamroll posted...

If your referring to the one image from earlier then yeah thats totally wrong thats either made bad or some photoshop because my clock has the right thing with IV listed properly as the 4.

Or you're clueless as to the history of clockmaking as that was indeed the style for a certain period.
Yeah I got faith, but sometimes fear it just weighs too much,
I don't want to feel, cold winds blowing through me like an empty touch.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Call of Duty Black Ops IIII to be Battle.Net exclusive, no Steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived