This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For all the people that say Denuvo doesn't affect performance...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For all the people that say Denuvo doesn't affect performance...

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
6 months ago#21
johnny_pay posted...
Your tests are invalid. The demo and pirate version are the same exe. Your tests should use the demo exe, retail exe and a proper denuvo cracked exe.

demoexe being able to launch original game content through preload = Denuvo-less. Test is fine. Comparing to actual Demo with no performance differences between that or the preload version means there aren't any noteworthy build differences there either (as far as performance is concerned).

godplaysSNES posted...
The question is whether the crack for FFXII ZA removed Denuvo or just fooled it. If it's the latter, it has no impact on performance.

Bypassing Denuvo stops it from functioning, which is almost the same as removing it, the only way it isn't the same is because Denuvo is still in the data taking up space but being unused.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

nominturddaddy
6 months ago#22
You can probably patch a game to target Denuvo-specific issues eh? A lot of people reporting technical issues in the demo content of the game (Chapter 1) they weren't having in the actual demo, so the only point we can directly compare for most. Mainly crashes and increased hardware usage. Some people say they notice no performance difference but I don't notice a difference unless I activate metrics either, CPU usage is unarguably heftier and same settings. This is the same preload version just with Denuvo so access to the Denuvo-locked content, no build difference. If SE applies a patch to this before the game is cracked, we aren't going to be able to do that direct comparison so many people need to see to be convinced (even though I already am given all of this, again preload is Denuvo-less build of the same content in this chapter) that Denuvo can indeed negatively affect game performance. Again not saying all releases, but Denuvo version and/or product dependent. It absolutely affects FFXV.

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
6 months ago#23
nominturddaddy posted...
johnny_pay posted...
Your tests are invalid. The demo and pirate version are the same exe. Your tests should use the demo exe, retail exe and a proper denuvo cracked exe.

godplaysSNES posted...
The question is whether the crack for FFXII ZA removed Denuvo or just fooled it. If it's the latter, it has no impact on performance.

Bypassing Denuvo stops it from functioning, which is almost the same as removing it, the only way it isn't the same is because Denuvo is still in the data taking up space but being unused.

No, the bypass only makes it so Denuvo goes on with its calls without realizing the copy isn't legit
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
6 months ago#24
BearShrooms posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Meanwhile DOOM had a 1% at best performance increase after Denuvo was removed.
Thus your point is invalid.

Let me get this straight....

His claim that denuvo affects performance is false because becuase denuvo affected the performance of doom?

The performance in Doom was so close that it was within the margin of error. There were scenarios where the original version with Denuvo performed better actually

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
6 months ago#25
BearShrooms posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Meanwhile DOOM had a 1% at best performance increase after Denuvo was removed.
Thus your point is invalid.

Let me get this straight....

His claim that denuvo affects performance is false because becuase denuvo affected the performance of doom?

No, my point was he's provided one example where Denuvo might affect performance and took that as proof that it does as a rule of fact.

So I offered one example where it doesn't affect performance as proof that it doesn't as a rule of fact.

Both stances are dumb. That's the point I'm trying to make.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
6 months ago#26
Denuvo doesn't affect performance on a 6 cores intel CPU.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
6 months ago#27
Denuvo isn't just Denuvo anymore these days, cuz the game devs and publishers have realized that the mechanism itself is too vulnerable to hacking or 'bypassing' attempts. Take AC Origins as example, there is an entire extra VM layer created to protect the Denuvo embedded executable. Now this new practice has undeniable impact on the overall performance.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
6 months ago#28
Typical Denuvo thread. Someone posts hopelessly flawed attack on Denuvo, people point out how hopelessly flawed the attack is, people keep believing in the flaw regardless.

nominturddaddy
6 months ago#29
godplaysSNES posted...
No, the bypass only makes it so Denuvo goes on with its calls without realizing the copy isn't legit

Science.

DiviDude posted...
Typical Denuvo thread. Someone posts hopelessly flawed attack on Denuvo, people point out how hopelessly flawed the attack is, people keep believing in the flaw regardless.

At this point it's pretty clear to me that the Denuvo debate is two camps:

Pro-Denuvo just doesn't want to accept it can reduce the quality of their games because they want to play their Denuvo games without feeling they're supporting something that can reduce the quality of their games.

Anti-Denuvo people know it can reduce the quality of their games. Obviously.

There's a third party in there somewhere that gets both sides but also understands the corporate interest in using it. Someone else can name them.

nominturddaddy
6 months ago#30
Not me, some of you know my username. There are more reviews and topics about this, but I'm just going to submit one. People know the truth, it's just whether they decide to parrot it or something else.

https://i.imgur.com/PVw6NPu.png

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/916373-pc/76374029
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For all the people that say Denuvo doesn't affect performance...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived