This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any suggestions for a budget laptop for streaming Xbox one games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any suggestions for a budget laptop for streaming Xbox one games?

User Info: crazy_koopa

crazy_koopa
1 month ago#1
I'm looking to buy a laptop that could stream Xbox one games on it without any difficulties. I really don't know which one to get. Any suggestions? My Internet at home is really good + I plan on connecting the Xbox one via network cable so that it can have the best possible connection. Budget wise , I'm looking for something around 400-600 $Canadian.
Thanks!
Nintendo network ID; koopakiing

User Info: United_States

United_States
1 month ago#2
Considering the Xbox One will be doing all the computational stuff, the computer probably doesn't need to be that fancy at all. Microsoft's documentation says they recommend a computer with at least 2 GB of RAM and a 1.5 GHz CPU or faster.
Kifflom, brother-brother! Kraff be praised!

crazy_koopa
1 month ago#3
United_States posted...
Considering the Xbox One will be doing all the computational stuff, the computer probably doesn't need to be that fancy at all. Microsoft's documentation says they recommend a computer with at least 2 GB of RAM and a 1.5 GHz CPU or faster.

Thanks for the reply! What about the processor?
Do you think a Lenovo yoga book would work?? The version with windows

Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8550 Processor(2M Cache, Quad-Core, Up to 2.4 GHz) these are the processor specs

User Info: United_States

United_States
1 month ago#4
crazy_koopa posted...
United_States posted...

Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8550 Processor(2M Cache, Quad-Core, Up to 2.4 GHz) these are the processor specs

A CPU and a processor are the same thing. Microsoft said they recommend at least a 1.5 GHz CPU/processor. It seems like the Lenovo Yoga Book theoretically meets that recommendation. I'm not sure how good an Intel Atom processor is though compared to an Intel Core i3 or something like that.
Kifflom, brother-brother! Kraff be praised!

crazy_koopa
1 month ago#5
United_States posted...
crazy_koopa posted...
United_States posted...

A CPU and a processor are the same thing. Microsoft said they recommend at least a 1.5 GHz CPU/processor. It seems like the Lenovo Yoga Book theoretically meets that recommendation. I'm not sure how good an Intel Atom processor is though compared to an Intel Core i3 or something like that.

Thanks for the info! I saw videos about the yoga book & they say it isn't meant for software like photo editing... I don't know how demanding photo editing can be but I think that video steaming might be more demanding.. It's not clear . I'm surprised there aren't any YouTube videos about "recommended laptops for Xbox one streaming" normally there are loads of videos about top tens of whatever's on YouTube
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any suggestions for a budget laptop for streaming Xbox one games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived