This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best websites that help us build PCs?Also what are the best pre built gaming PCs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best websites that help us build PCs?Also what are the best pre built gaming PCs

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
6 months ago#11
http://www.microcenter.com/product/502046/G315_Desktop_Computer

Ships from webstore. PSU isn't something to OC on.

$1200

Intel Core i5-8600K Processor 3.7GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
16GB DDR4-3000 RAM
256GB Solid State Drive
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
ASUS 24x DVDRW Drive
10/100/1000 Network
802.11ac Wireless
Display Not Included
Give everyone enough guns and eventually we'll find out who we have to shoot to get some decent gun control.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
6 months ago#12
Oakland510_ posted...
Local PC repair shops should be able to help me build a PC if I bring them all the parts? How much does this service usually cost?

You'd have to call them and get a quote. I had one built and they didn't charge much for the service. The bonus is that they would be able to test for bad parts.

I would at least look up guides on Youtube. You will need to take it apart and clean it (though I find you only really need to take out the GPU and the fans, you won't need a full disassembly) over time as dust will become a problem. It's a good idea to get to know what is going on inside your PC, even if you don't build it yourself.

I'd strongly advise against buying a pre-built. They usually use cheap parts like the motherboard and PSU. Case in point - I had a pre-built with SLI. When I went to use it, the motherboard they had put in wasn't compatible with SLI technology, so it didn't work. Also, when I first had it, they did a recall on the systems as someone had f***ed up and caused a potential fire hazard. Total mess.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#13
Jason_Hudson posted...
Oakland510_ posted...
Local PC repair shops should be able to help me build a PC if I bring them all the parts? How much does this service usually cost?

You'd have to call them and get a quote. I had one built and they didn't charge much for the service. The bonus is that they would be able to test for bad parts.

I would at least look up guides on Youtube. You will need to take it apart and clean it (though I find you only really need to take out the GPU and the fans, you won't need a full disassembly) over time as dust will become a problem. It's a good idea to get to know what is going on inside your PC, even if you don't build it yourself.

I'd strongly advise against buying a pre-built. They usually use cheap parts like the motherboard and PSU. Case in point - I had a pre-built with SLI. When I went to use it, the motherboard they had put in wasn't compatible with SLI technology, so it didn't work. Also, when I first had it, they did a recall on the systems as someone had f***ed up and caused a potential fire hazard. Total mess.

While I would build myself, I would pay someone to do the delidding process. And they do that with the silicon lottery.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
6 months ago#14
captsplatter_1 posted...
loader963 posted...
Pcpartpicker.com

Between that and googling best builds under (whatever your budget is). And then roll your own.

I rolled a 5.

I rolled a "made in Vietnam". Woops, that's my phone's stylus.

But yeah, normally I'd say build your own or pay someone to put it together for you. But with the current GPU prices, prebuilts are looking good - as long as you don't buy cheap junk blindly.
4K,i3-8350K 4.4/4.6GHz,GTX 1070 Ti FE, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, DeepcoolTesseractCase

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
6 months ago#15
For one you should find other PC forum. People here can only give horrible advice.
http://i.imgur.com/mLhEeaZ.gifv
Death Road to Canada = 10/10

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
6 months ago#16
TrashPandaJedi posted...
For one you should find other PC forum. People here can only give horrible advice.

Ignore this guy. He's a troll with gems such as:

TrashPandaJedi posted...
Dont forget you can also steal games on PC with ease. Ok so companies lose money but its their fault for expecting money for their work.
4K,i3-8350K 4.4/4.6GHz,GTX 1070 Ti FE, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, DeepcoolTesseractCase

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
6 months ago#17
https://pcpartpicker.com/ - Checks for compatibility etc (doesnt tell you if you need cords / connectors though)

http://www.logicalincrements.com/ - Some people don't like this site. I could see it as a good starting point for some parts that newer builders don't know a lot about, like motherboards. It's also a decent starting point to see some of the newer items / models if you are following pc part tech 24 / 7
Theres a little place where the sun sleeps late. Pours himself a shot of tequila.
Its a little place called Pleasure Island. Thats where Id like to feel ya.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best websites that help us build PCs?Also what are the best pre built gaming PCs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived