This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA screwed over Square with FF15 by releasing 100% unencrypted Origin pre-load

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
1 year ago#71
Lol at thinking pirates care whether they play at launch or not.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 year ago#72
OrgeLambart posted...
lol @ pirates getting happy they can steal games the rest of us will be enjoying at launch.. congrats fellas, you get this one,, enjoy waiting a few weeks on the next one. and salivating at the rest of us honest people who get to play the game at launch..

I've largely not been excited about playing a game on launch for over a decade now. Considering how often the games run bad or are buggy or other stuff. Very often you can wait for patches or even better - DLC to come out, especially a some sort of edition that includes all.

Finally, what is so important about playing a game at launch anyway? It's not like there aren't dozens of other games to play.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
1 year ago#73
vlado_e posted...
It's not like there aren't dozens of other games to play.

If you've only been gaming for two years sure there are still games worth playing. If you've been caught up on the truly worthwhile then you've got this itch to scratch and you can only consume a truly enjoyable piece so many times before it starts tasting bad too. Something bad that's new is new and some bad games have more appeal than other bad games.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 year ago#74
nominturddaddy posted...
vlado_e posted...
It's not like there aren't dozens of other games to play.

If you've only been gaming for two years sure there are still games worth playing. If you've been caught up on the truly worthwhile then you've got this itch to scratch and you can only consume a truly enjoyable piece so many times before it starts tasting bad too. Something bad that's new is new and some bad games have more appeal than other bad games.

Been gaming for closer to two decades now. I still have a lot of games I haven't played - right now I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2 - I had started it few years prior but stopped for one reason or another. So, I'm playing the original campaign now, then I'll go with the expansions.

I also replay games, too - say, Might and Magic 7 is one I probably playthrough again about every year or so. If I'm not feeling too burned out after NWN 2, I'll probably replay part of it (I'm guessing an expansion) with a different build and a different alignment. I also feel like playing the original NWN again, so I might even go with that (playing the expansions, not the original campaign).

There are also the games you can never really finish - say, Crusader Kings, Heroes, Civilisations, etc. - they aren't a one off thing and you can always play them more.

Finally, I don't have infinite time to play, either. I can't just pick up a game of pretty much any length and finish it in under a week, like when I was in school.

So, all in all, I have plenty of titles to occupy me - some I haven't played, some I have but want to play again, others that aren't bound to have a single playthrough.

Even then, it's not like it's mandatory to play a game at launch - are you really going to suffer in some fashion if you don't play the game immediately when it's available?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
1 year ago#75
I beat NWN2 around when it launched. Games you can never really finish still get boring. I love Heroes of Might and Magic III, but it's going to be a long time before I can go back to it and properly play it, as opposed to booting it up for three or four turns and quitting because I'm burnt out on the formula. I don't have infinite time either, even when you're younger you don't, that time could be spent doing a number of other more productive things. It isn't about it being mandatory to play a game at launch. If you have the itch and the time to game, nothing to play and the only ones that are interesting, despite being bad games, are launch titles...
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 year ago#76
Voxwik posted...
Pengu1n posted...
Me neither. I have numerous games that have/had denuvo in them and have had ZERO issues.

Yep people are spreading misinformation.

The only legitimate complaint is that they require periodic reactivation as set by the publisher.

When?

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 year ago#77
Pengu1n posted...
Voxwik posted...
Pengu1n posted...
Me neither. I have numerous games that have/had denuvo in them and have had ZERO issues.

Yep people are spreading misinformation.

The only legitimate complaint is that they require periodic reactivation as set by the publisher.

When?

When in what context? The online checks are customized and can vary by game.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA screwed over Square with FF15 by releasing 100% unencrypted Origin pre-load
  • Topic Archived