This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA screwed over Square with FF15 by releasing 100% unencrypted Origin pre-load

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
9 months ago#51
Other than costumes what are the differences between Steam and Origin releases of FFXV? Are the files any different between the two clients? I know Windows Store version connects to Xbox Live account.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
9 months ago#52
Dyshonest posted...
MELENTIA posted...

You are way too happy about it, but I'm going to be honest here, I never had any issues with Denuvo on any game. No problems whatsoever. It's all fabricated lies from my point of view. I can't count how many games I have that have Denuvo, and not a single problem from either of them. It just seems like all the people who can't pirate certain games, hate it. Straight up.

Denuvo doesn't stop pirates.

Pirates stop Denuvo.

Denuvo stops legitimate consumers. Pirates just avoid and remove Denuvo altogether.

Go away, blind (evidently) corporate shill. Humans won't miss you.

Denuvo does stop pirates. It stops them from being able to steal all the games on release. It doesn't affect legitimate buyers and pirates are bypassing not removing denuvo.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
9 months ago#53
Pengu1n posted...
It doesn't affect legitimate buyers

Keep on shilling. I honestly believe you work for the company behind Denuvo. All forms of DRM affect legitimate customers while are only obstacles that are overcome for pirates by cracking groups.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
9 months ago#54
nominturddaddy posted...
What else is interesting is Origin and Windows Store don't say anything about Denuvo being in FFXV, nor can I see Origin mentioning Denuvo in games that use Denuvo. Is it only Steam that needs to clearly notify people when Denuvo is being used? I haven't bought off Origin in a while and the only Store game I own is Gears of War 4, so if neither of these platforms mention what DRM is being used beyond their client, all the more reason to stick to Steam.

EDIT: Lol wow I actually just checked my library and I've never actually bought anything on Origin. I transferred Mass Effect 2 from Steam to Origin, everything else is from "On The House" or something I played for the one month I was on Origin Access.

I didn't even know Steam listed that kind of thing. I thought it was an Enhanced Steam plugin thing. I guess that just puts it in the forefront?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
9 months ago#55
Sorry kids, pirates aren't bothered by denuvo in the least. Waiting a few days or weeks is nothing to them. They just pirate some other game while they wait.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
9 months ago#56
SinisterSlay posted...
Sorry kids, pirates aren't bothered by denuvo in the least. Waiting a few days or weeks is nothing to them. They just pirate some other game while they wait.

By the time most of these games get torrented it'll be a better experience than launch as the game got patched and updated several time and most repacks include all DLC.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
9 months ago#57
ArcadeGuy posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

By the time most of these games get torrented it'll be a better experience than launch as the game got patched and updated several time and most repacks include all DLC.

They still don't care, they got it free. If the game is broken, they are thankful they didn't pay for that s*** and move onto the next game.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
9 months ago#58
SinisterSlay posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

They still don't care, they got it free. If the game is broken, they are thankful they didn't pay for that s*** and move onto the next game.

He was agreeing with you.

Anyway, pirates don't care about waiting. I used to be one a long time ago and I have friends who are still pirates to this day and they sure don't give a s*** about playing a game on release day.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
9 months ago#59
True story. I used to pirate as well. It didn't matter if a game I wanted to play was cracked, as I'd just play something else that was.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: KenshiroX

KenshiroX
9 months ago#60
nominturddaddy posted...
Anyway this is new for PC piracy but there's been worse, a few days ago Sega put the Yakuza 6 demo on the PS4 PSN and it turned out to be the full game. If you downloaded it before the mistake was noticed you got the full game for free before it came out.

http://bgr.com/2018/02/28/yakuza-6-demo-free-game-ps4-oops/

Worse because it's a direct pre-launch giveaway by accident.

Reading posts they've been locking out access to the full game once consoles with the accidental free licenses reconnect to the PSN, but people who saw that coming disconnected their PS4s from the internet once they noticed they got the full version instead of the demo and are playing through their free copy.

SON OF A b****. :(
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA screwed over Square with FF15 by releasing 100% unencrypted Origin pre-load
  • Topic Archived