This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA screwed over Square with FF15 by releasing 100% unencrypted Origin pre-load

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA screwed over Square with FF15 by releasing 100% unencrypted Origin pre-load

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
4 months ago#61
nominturddaddy posted...
Anyway this is new for PC piracy but there's been worse, a few days ago Sega put the Yakuza 6 demo on the PS4 PSN and it turned out to be the full game. If you downloaded it before the mistake was noticed you got the full game for free before it came out.

http://bgr.com/2018/02/28/yakuza-6-demo-free-game-ps4-oops/

Worse because it's a direct pre-launch giveaway by accident.

Reading posts they've been locking out access to the full game once consoles with the accidental free licenses reconnect to the PSN, but people who saw that coming disconnected their PS4s from the internet once they noticed they got the full version instead of the demo and are playing through their free copy.

https://i.imgur.com/RmfwEZl.gif
CFN: XaguraYiazmat (My life is Disgaea.)

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 months ago#62
monkmith posted...
its been shown to make a difference in the past in several games.

Which games?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Neo1661

Neo1661
4 months ago#63
Why the hell did they add driving to be what seems like big part of the game but then make it so s***.
https://goo.gl/vRAucu
http://i.imgur.com/51jBWDy.png

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
4 months ago#64
Dyshonest posted...
MELENTIA posted...

You are way too happy about it, but I'm going to be honest here, I never had any issues with Denuvo on any game. No problems whatsoever. It's all fabricated lies from my point of view. I can't count how many games I have that have Denuvo, and not a single problem from either of them. It just seems like all the people who can't pirate certain games, hate it. Straight up.

Denuvo doesn't stop pirates.

Pirates stop Denuvo.

Denuvo stops legitimate consumers. Pirates just avoid and remove Denuvo altogether.

Go away, blind (evidently) corporate shill. Humans won't miss you.

Funny how people say this and I've not once ever had one single issue with a game that had Denuvo in it. I'm tired of this boogey man you guys made up.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
4 months ago#65
spike_spiegel posted...
Dyshonest posted...
MELENTIA posted...

You are way too happy about it, but I'm going to be honest here, I never had any issues with Denuvo on any game. No problems whatsoever. It's all fabricated lies from my point of view. I can't count how many games I have that have Denuvo, and not a single problem from either of them. It just seems like all the people who can't pirate certain games, hate it. Straight up.

Denuvo doesn't stop pirates.

Pirates stop Denuvo.

Denuvo stops legitimate consumers. Pirates just avoid and remove Denuvo altogether.

Go away, blind (evidently) corporate shill. Humans won't miss you.

Funny how people say this and I've not once ever had one single issue with a game that had Denuvo in it. I'm tired of this boogey man you guys made up.

Me neither. I have numerous games that have/had denuvo in them and have had ZERO issues.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 months ago#66
Pengu1n posted...
Me neither. I have numerous games that have/had denuvo in them and have had ZERO issues.

Yep people are spreading misinformation.

The only legitimate complaint is that they require periodic reactivation as set by the publisher.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#67
Voxwik posted...

I can't speak for others, but I'm not.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 months ago#68
nominturddaddy posted...
Voxwik posted...

I can't speak for others, but I'm not.

The misinformation is that there is some intrinsic thing about Denuvo that's resource intensive, or that it's software that secretly always runs on your computer forever, or that it encrypts the game files, or that it must check in every time a game is started (though the publisher controls that). The most absurd was the one where people claimed it rewrote all the game's files over and over gain (something extremely easy to prove false at that, not to mention the fact it doesn't encrypt the game files regardless).

A final release performing worse is a case of correlation not being the same as causation, because plenty of Denuvo games run just fine.

I'm not saying I like the way things are moving, to the whole "you are renting a license" nonsense, but there are a heck of a lot of lies/misinformation around Denuvo, and chances are when someone freaks out about it. Being wrong isn't the same thing as intentionally spreading misinformation of course.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 months ago#69
Square Enix deserves it.
bloop

User Info: OrgeLambart

OrgeLambart
4 months ago#70
lol @ pirates getting happy they can steal games the rest of us will be enjoying at launch.. congrats fellas, you get this one,, enjoy waiting a few weeks on the next one. and salivating at the rest of us honest people who get to play the game at launch..
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA screwed over Square with FF15 by releasing 100% unencrypted Origin pre-load

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived