This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Daikatana is a "must try" game... LOLWTF?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Daikatana is a "must try" game... LOLWTF?

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
6 months ago#21
vlado_e posted...
Duke Nukem Forever

Hey now, DNF really wasn't bad. Not fantastic, but not bad.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
6 months ago#22
Hanlo_is_back posted...
I actually agree, it's a game every gamer should play. Look into the history, all of the hype surrounding it, and then play the actual game. And remember to keep all of this in mind the next time you see a game getting a lot of hype for basically no reason

You got there ahead of me.
"Must try" doesn't have to mean "Best in genre" or "GOAT!" it means something you should try at least once because it's culturally significant.

Like being a film student and watching The Room. It's not a good movie, but it's a great tutorial on the many mistakes one can make when making a movie.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
6 months ago#23
The cranky hermit posted...
vlado_e posted...
No, they developed an entirely separate game that had the same plot but is for Game Boy Colour. It's a 2D top down sprite based thing.

And it's not half bad either.

Yeah, it's a bit funny but it's actually a better game overall.

Rosencroitz posted...
vlado_e posted...
Duke Nukem Forever

Hey now, DNF really wasn't bad. Not fantastic, but not bad.

My point being, it led to a lot of people feeling let down. In reality it was more like completely average but somehow people expected more based on...pretty much nothing.

Oh, this also reminds me of Dead Island and how people were raving about it based on a trailer that didn't show any gameplay. Then preordered and complained when the game was mostly about killing zombies and the trailer (remember, which didn't really promise anything) lied to them.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
6 months ago#24
Dragon Nexus posted...
Like being a film student and watching The Room. It's not a good movie, but it's a great tutorial on the many mistakes one can make when making a movie.

I've heard it being describe as - the movie an alien will make if it knew what movies were but didn't actually understand that. It has a main character, it has dialogue, it has interior shots, it has exterior shots, it has exposition, etc. Basically it has individual elements that make up a movie, yet they don't really mesh together.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
6 months ago#25
vlado_e posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

I've heard it being describe as - the movie an alien will make if it knew what movies were but didn't actually understand that. It has a main character, it has dialogue, it has interior shots, it has exterior shots, it has exposition, etc. Basically it has individual elements that make up a movie, yet they don't really mesh together.

Yeah, a lot of us aren't really sure whether Tommy Wiseau is a human being. Nobody knows where he's actually from but it's definitely not New Orleans.

I considered posting about The Room on the first page of the topic, actually, although the story of its production is a lot different from Daikatana's and it wasn't hyped up so it's not really the same scenario. Mostly I just wanted to tell people to watch The Disaster Artist, the movie about the making of The Room, because it's really good on its own and even better if you've watched The Room.

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
6 months ago#26
Out of all of those games, it is the must try game.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
6 months ago#27
Well, I missed that one, though in 2000 I'd only just got a PC.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
6 months ago#28
GoIrish80 posted...
It's a "must try" so you can say that you tried one of the most disappointing games of all time.

That is it exactly. It isn't one of the worst games ever made, but it is totally unimpressive.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Daikatana is a "must try" game... LOLWTF?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived