This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens to a studio when it gets shut down?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What happens to a studio when it gets shut down?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#11
fallen_acolyte posted...
Suuns posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
Dead Space 3 was fine. Played it coop.

It was a disgrace which should have never seen the sunlight.

captsplatter_1 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
Maybe they did go somewhere else.

A lot of the times they get moved around, other times laid off, mostly moved around though I believe.

Where are their new creations? :(

When your career is development, you end up anywhere

The people who got axed from making Modern Warfare 2 were the ones who made Respawn.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
1 month ago#12
Suuns posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
Dead Space 3 was fine. Played it coop.

It was a disgrace which should have never seen the sunlight.

captsplatter_1 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
Maybe they did go somewhere else.

A lot of the times they get moved around, other times laid off, mostly moved around though I believe.

Where are their new creations? :(

When you're part of a team, you make what the team is tasked to make, not whatever you want to make.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#13
god damn TC is trolling or really dense
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
1 month ago#14
You get s*** canned and find a new job. What do you think happens?
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#15
xkierx posted...
they should kickstart a dead space spiritual successor, without ea forcing in coop/mtx they could actually make a good game again.

I don't know what sort of IP rights Visceral Games signed with EA, but I'd be willing to bet that EA for all practical purposes, owns Dead Space even if they're just going to let it rot until the end of the company - at which the franchise will be sold off to the highest bidder to afford one of the executives a third summer vacation home. The dev team probably can't do anything Dead Space related without infringing on that.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#16
Ultimate_Noob posted...
xkierx posted...
they should kickstart a dead space spiritual successor, without ea forcing in coop/mtx they could actually make a good game again.

I don't know what sort of IP rights Visceral Games signed with EA, but I'd be willing to bet that EA for all practical purposes, owns Dead Space even if they're just going to let it rot until the end of the company - at which the franchise will be sold off to the highest bidder to afford one of the executives a third summer vacation home. The dev team probably can't do anything Dead Space related without infringing on that.

hence why he said "spiritual successor" and not Dead Space 4
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#17
Whoops
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
1 month ago#18
the equipment and the bodies of the devs are sent down the river Styx.

they get canned or they get redistributed to other developers owned by the publisher
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
1 month ago#19
Usually when they shut down, it means they aren't good anymore.

I mean, it's a for profit industry anyway, not like the people shutting them down don't like money.

An example are all those so-called greats and the recent turds they've developed via crowdfunding ( Mighty No 9, Yooka, Bloodstained, Shenmue III, etc ).

They got fired or shut down for a reason.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#20
WhyWontHeFall posted...
Usually when they shut down, it means they aren't good anymore.

Unless it's EA, in which case it means you as a dev need to take the blame for the publisher's bad decisions.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What happens to a studio when it gets shut down?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived